1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Track Your Daily Calories And Macros !

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by justanothergirl, Jul 28, 2017.

1. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Whether you are in maintenance or trying to lose weight one of the biggest challenges I think is tracking the amount of food we eat. I have been diligent in the past..but with time my motivation is dwindling. Hoping that posting here might help with the accountability . Do feel free to track ur Macros and exercise (to see if are within ur budget).
    There are many online calorie counting tools . I use MFP and plan to post a screen shot of my diary at the end of the day.

satchitananda, Nonya and Gauri03 like this.

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the thread. I'll join you too.

justanothergirl likes this.
  3. Dragon

Dragon New IL'ite

Wonderful Initiative. Any long time MFP users here?

4. justanothergirl

July 28th. Not proud of my self. Tracked after I got home.A catered lunch + take out dinner did not help. Logged it all. Overestimated some of them since I had no way of finding exact calorie content.
    The bright side was logging in all those steps . Two walks..one with colleague and one with kids + grocery shopping.
    I only added an hours worth of walk to MFP.. but thats typically what I do..eat back only half or none of my exercise cals back.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    Gauri03 likes this.
  5. justanothergirl

Hey @Dragon ..welcome to the thread..Me and G have been long time MFP users..I think we have a couple more here on IL. Would love the company.

Dragon likes this.
  6. Gauri03

Friday: As usual too many carbs. I don't want to decrease my total carb intake as much as I want to limit the number of carbs I eat at every meal. I'd like to keep it under 30g for breakfast and snack, and 50g for lunch and dinner. The goal is to prevent post-meal insulin spikes. Need to plan my meals more carefully. Usually my Garmin app auto syncs with MFP but something seems to have gone wrong. I have to fix that. As long as I don't exceed my daily allocation I am too lazy to log exercise manually.

C1.png

7. justanothergirl

Sat. 29 Started observing the Macros..pretty bad. Did good on the calorie part though.
    Walked 5 miles.

Attached Files:

Dragon and Gauri03 like this.
  8. Gauri03

Saturday 29: Ate out yesterday so calories went for a toss. No exercise either.

mfp.png

9. justanothergirl

Sun July 30th.
    Did not make the required cals .Skipped breakfast and had soup for dinner but did not also exercise. Wasn't feeling too well.
    Now that I am tracking maros.sugar seems to be really high . Luckily that is not an issue for me but still all that red is beginning to bother me.

Attached Files:

Dragon and Gauri03 like this.
  10. Gauri03

Sun 30th: Good day overall. The running gods smiled on me and gave me an extra 340 cals to eat. I don't bother about my sodium intake. I have chronically low blood pressure. I have 99 problems but eating too much sodium ain't one of them. :laughing:

mfp.png