1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Toxic Marriages And Love

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by coffeecups, Jun 8, 2016.

1. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

Briefly tell what you think about the concept of love.

2. APS45

APS45 Silver IL'ite

Agree, I personally know men who are in abusive marriages but boast themselves all is well for the fear of being ridiculed as 'not man enough" by their peers, family members and society. While individual personality is one of key factor, I also think that in many cases, it is their emotional bond with their children force them to digest and continue to live by wrapping themselves around with an illusion of "we too loving couple". More so in case of men, as getting custody of children is next to impossible after moving out. I know of at least two cases of senior couples who got separated after their children got married, that speaks volume about their love life.

3. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

Thanks for starting this thread coffeecups. I was thinking to post a similar one.( Why parents are spared, when daughters are in abusive marriage).

In most cases, a woman tries to maintain the abusive marriage for the sake of her child. To maintain the marriage, she must put up a love act for her abusive partner.

Second, When she wants to move out, more than the society, her parents neither they accept nor support the decision. Instead, they advice her to makeup and live with the abusive husband. In India, it is not easy for a separated woman to raise her child all by herself. Even if there is a little support from parents side, no women would continue such a relationship. I would say parents of the daughter are responsible for this kind of continuing abusive marriage.

When our own fellows does not support us, where and whom do we expect to support?

4. kollen

kollen Bronze IL'ite

Emotions are hard to override. Unprocessed emotions always come back to hunt us. That is one of the spiritual laws and one clearly notices and feels it when undergoing a spiritual awakening.

5. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

U r question reminded me of school days.
    Briefly explain the process of photosynthesis :lol: