1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Tourist places in North East

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by Ami, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Have you checked the famous Longwood gardens??

Hi Priya,

I dont know whether they have tulip show every year, but, worth to check with them. We'd been there once in summer and it was a huge garden with lots of flowers, plants, trees, etc. It is in PA. If you surf the garden name with state name, will get the site.

Bye.

2. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dear Ami,

The poconos in PA are worth a visit. It has a lot of ski resorts, and in summer, they have whitewater rafting and other activities. I hear you can rent a cottage and stay. You can go to BushKill falls (the Niagara of Pennsylvania), the Dakshinamurthy temple at Saylorsburg (Arsha Vidya Gurukulam Home) and the Stroutsburg Sringeri VidyaPeetham (SVBF). The falls and the temples are all within 15 miles of each other, so you can spend a nice weekend there.

You can also come to Valley forge park/King of Prussia mall (The second largest in America), Lancaster mall and Amish village (famous for it's outlet malls) and visit the MArsh Creek park where you can hire the boat you want and go boating. This is worth a visit in summer.

Hope this was useful.

Regards
    Vidya

3. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Ami: thankyou, will check longwood gardens.

Vmur: have u tried white water rafting? if so can u tell ur experience? Thanks for telling abt the Marsh creek park and the malls.in winter since we cannot go out much we can roam inside the malls.

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Hey guys..

summer is around the corner.. its means its the gift of nature for NorthEast people to have fun as much as possible outside ;)

Please do share the places you have intended to go to or already went to in the past and how was your experiences.

May be newbies and others can benefit from your posts..

Please do share!!!!

5. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Hi IL,

Is there any places to visit during winter( christmas vacation) for kids, something to do for a day or so.
    Last yr we went to NY to see the lights, rockefeller tree, and also the window displays in stores in NYC and my kid had fun.

Thanks,
    Priya

6. nehasinghshas

nehasinghshas New IL'ite

Mount Pocono

Hello Ami,

I want to visit mount pocono PA for Ski but i am not comfortable for skiing ,snow tubing and snow boarding becouse i never done it before but I plan on trying this January 2011.
    If you have some idea about mount Pocono like Ski area and what should be done to reach there ?
    Please suggest me.
    Thanks & Regards
    Neha

7. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ladies,

COming weekend we've planned for POconos trip. Let me know what to visit in winter time?

8. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Anitha,
    Did you visit Poconos?

9. skmeera

skmeera Silver IL'ite

hi

we are planning to visit places in and around nj or ny this weekend......can anybody suggest me places that will be a 2 or 3 hour drive from jersey city....any help appreciated....

10. skmeera

skmeera Silver IL'ite

I have been to poconos ,bush kill in PA...looking to travel less enjoy more....anybody from nj,ny or PA can u suggest any places for me?