1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Tourist places in North East

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by Ami, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Hi anjana..

It was just a day trip becoz, we had no clue abt the ashram. Anyways, we were told they have lots of free cottages available, free food and even for kids, they will keep busy by teaching our culture, fancy competition etc. while the parents are busy in attending Swamiji's lecture or any pooja.

Anyways, go thro the site and make sure abt the activities; accordingly, pls plan. They might be having more things if it is a long weekend and also, not sure abt the cottage availability. So, it is better if you give a call or mail.

And, abt sesame place, we are also planning to go during long weekend. Heard from my friend that finishing in a day is not possible as they have plenty of activities in land & water. But, we are keen only on land and hence, it will not be a problem. If you have any queries, pls do ask hoping that I can give you my idea or even others can share.

Bye.

2. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ami,
    Thanks for your nice words. I am happy that you have enjoyed your
    trip to Arsha vidya Gurukul. Whenever I was there, I felt peacefulness and
    inner calmness. Their lectures worthwhile to listen. I am glad that my tips
    helped you little bit. Bye

3. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ami

Dear Ami

Nice to know that you enjoyed the trip to Arsha vidya Ashram with ur fly.

Regards
    Priya

4. Rogo

Rogo New IL'ite

Hi

Hi,

We are planning to visit Boston for this long weekend...but not sure of places to go there
    Can anyone pls let me know the important places there ??

Being new to US ,this thread had been really very useful to me ......
    Thanks a lot friends !!!!

5. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Somehow I overlooked it Ami

Thanks Ami. We are getting all the info abt the ashram.They are asking a 250$ for registration. Is that what you gave. They are all booked for the long weekend and hence they say will give a nearby motel. We are still thinking. We may go to Sesame place instead if this does not work out. Are you going there too. May be we will cross each other.

Thanks

6. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Hi.

Hi Anjana,

Clear this-registration fee for what? Actually, we met a tamil family where the entire family members are volunteers and they gave all the details.

Abt sesame place, sounds a good idea and reflects how sweet person you are!!

Rgds.

7. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Opinion on Pocono pet feeding zoo, PA(claws & paws)

Hi pals,

Does anyone visit here with yr kids? And, is it worth to go there becoz, had one experience with Bushkill falls. We visited there on seeing the saying Niagara of Pennsylvania with my 2 yr old & elderly inlaws. But, it was total useless & exhausted trip. That is the reason, am checking with you guys.

Appreciating yr valuable feedbacks/inputs.

Thanks & Rgds.

8. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ami,
    I think you went to Bushkill falls with Niagara`s picture in mind.
    But I was there before visiting Niagara Falls, Further Myself and my husband
    love long walks and trekking. We went to Bushkill falls 6 years ago, I enjoyed
    the tiny falls, especially the bridal veil falls. But I understand that with elderly and
    kids it will be exhausting.
    In Poconos visiting camelback mountains is a great getaway. In winter u can go
    icetubing with the family. In summer waterpark is there. You can google in
    camelback mountain site.

D.VIDHYALAKSHMI

9. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Thanks, Vidhya..

Actually, we visited Bushkill before we went to Niagara. As you said, all walking and carrying drove us crazy and now, if we see that Bushkill board, will start running like seeing some ghost!!

Coming to the point, I am just looking at the site you have mentioned. Considering my 3 yr old daughter & of course, my inlaws, can visit only maybe, next year...Thanks for sharing though and I have put it in my favorites.

Any idea abt claws & paws pet feeding zoo?? Looks like no one knows this and hence, it is not a popular one at all???

Rgds.

10. laksn

laksn Senior IL'ite

Ideas for the weekend!

Hi All,
    Can someone suggest couple of attractions to visit over the long weekend---I l ive in NJ and something in NJ,PA or NY will be good!

Thanks,
    Lakshmi

3 people like this.