Tourist interest- Places to visit in UAE

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Dubai' started by vivbass, Apr 15, 2007.

1. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Re: 2 Days in Dubai: suggestions for tourist spots needed

dear vidhya,
    :eek:mg:thanx a lot for informing,so nice of u..i thought of wearing jeans & tops,it won't be tight,i'll wear normal indian dress like.
    is it neccessary to wear only salwars??? pls give me in detail.whatz the dress code,i didn't thought abt dress code.

2. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Hai,

We are planning for a one day trip. Can any one suggest some nice places except AL AIN and Korfakhan.:bang

Also please suggest abt going to RAK/ UMM AL QUWAIN

Thanks in advance

Luv
    Brindha

3. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

Re: Eid Holidays Places To Visit

Hi Brindha
    You can try Dreamland Aqua park in Umm Al Quwain, they have accomodation as well now if you want to stay overnight. It is good fun for the family we make regular trips as my daughter has a great time. You can also make a day trip to Musandam in Oman. There are a lot of day trips, you can check online with the different travel agents. We are going on an overnight trip to Musandam this year.

4. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Let us share our knowledge of tourist place in this thread!!

Regards
    USHA

5. bbramon

bbramon New IL'ite

I know many of you might have already been in UAE but for me it was the first time. It was a business trip so I could not do a lot of sightseeing. One thing I would like to tell from my experience is its better not to expect any cheap accommodation there the most prudent thing would be to book a package from the travel agent. The malls by the way were the prime attractions to me and had to get extra baggages for the shopping. The skyscrapers are another thing which is compelled to mesmerize you. The bab el shams and madinat jumaira were the other places I liked.

6. arinuw

arinuw Senior IL'ite

thats a good idea usha,

now the eid holidays are also coming so lots of holidays.
    i have stayed in dubai for many years but still there are so many places i did not know about.
    last week we had gone to a trip to musandam, dolphin watching in oman but of course u need a visa to go to oman but its a good thing to do for a day.

has nyone heard of liwa island or bani yas island.

please share ur experiences here

7. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Please find below a list of must-sees in Dubai:</st1:placeName></st1:place>

<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Dubai</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType wiRFj="0" dbPHh="0" w:st="on">Museum</st1:placeType></st1:place> - This will take only one hour

Gold Souq (My suggestion, Not to miss this at all)
    Desert Safari (You will be picked up at 14:30 and dropped back around 22:00. Dinner included. This is the best time of the year to do a desert drive)
    Heritage Village
    Wild Wadi (Water park)

Abra (This is a boat ride on the Dubai Creek, with camera perfect views Best time: Sunset)
    Burj Al Arab (You can even go inside for a fees, which can be rdeemed inside)

Shopping Malls in Dubai:
    Wafi Mall
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Deira</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType wiRFj="0" dbPHh="0" w:st="on">City</st1:placeType> <st1:placeType wiRFj="0" dbPHh="0" w:st="on">Center</st1:placeType></st1:place>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Ibn Battuta MAll</st1:placeName></st1:place>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Mall of the Emirates</st1:placeName></st1:place>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on"></st1:placeName></st1:place>Bur Juman
    Madinat Jumeirah

Other Emirates:
    Sharjah Souq (Good for a small drive and a one hour peek into the souq. You might get caught in the traffic)[/color][/color]
    <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"></st1:place></st1:City>
    <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Abu Dhabi</st1:place></st1:City>
    Al Ain - A drive to Jebel Hafeet will be memorable (Aerial view of UAE-Muscat border)
    <st1:place w:st="on">Fujairah</st1:place> - (Only for beach)
    Khorfakkan - (Drive and beach)

For Dubai sight seeing, you can opt to take the Big Bus, which will cover most of these places in just one day.

Regards
    USHA

Last edited: May 12, 2008