tourist in dubai

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Dubai' started by Mahajanpragati, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi ,
    we a family of 4 will be staying in Dubai for a week .we have rented a fully furnished apartment.i am keen on preparing atleast one meal per day .all the kitchenware is there in apartment but i will need groceries.

now,its always easy to carry few things from here itself in luggage like sugar,powdered milk,spices,tea,coffee ......etc.
    i want to know is it possible to carry some stuff like i mentioned.
    the UAE immigration is considered tough & i don't want any trouble so what do u suggest? should i carry few things or buy locally.
    pragati

2. Anitha27

Anitha27 Bronze IL'ite

HII Pragathi,

NO NEED to get any grocery items, just pack your bags with your clothes and camera that's it dun. bcos here

you have grocery shops every where and you get all the stuff just like in India. and if you are put up some

where in burdubai then its really easy to get everything and you have home service also. they delivery to your

flat as well. but anyways its a matter of 1 week , so just come and have a gr8 time. but there are some areas

where its not as easy to get all the items, it depends on the place you are put up.

bye and tc and do post if you need any other info.

enjoy your trip
    Anitha.

3. saanjh

saanjh New IL'ite

Hi Pragati ,
    As mentioned By Anitha, there are many Indian grocery stores in dubai so shdnt be any issue getting the basic stuff,, But yes if you want to carry all the stuff you mentioned, its very much allowed .. you can bring all these basic groceries along .

4. Mahajanpragati

hi,
    thanks a ton.we are at Marina area & am not sure about indian shop around it............still i guess i will let it go & buy necessities locally.............
    pragati

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

pragati,

i think the groceries would be cheaper than kpala..if you are coming from there..it would make sense if it is from india.

and moreover, you will get groceries and indian food all over..you can manage.. enjoy dubai.

6. Mahajanpragati

hi shanvy,
    ya,i have got an idea that its better to buy locally & buy what u need based on appliances available in apartment.
    we hope to have fun
    thnks for wishes & reply.
    pragati