1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Tough task of toning the lower abs

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pman16, Dec 6, 2011.

1. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Puni for the reply. Are these videos available in the website you mentioned or can be downloaded from somewhere?

2. harinisripada

harinisripada Gold IL'ite

Try yoga - surya namaskar and halasana - if you can do halasana, it really helps lower abs!!! but do it carefully :)

3. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Pman,
    I have never crossed the average weight for my height. But out of too much diary content (means, really too much of whole milk, cheese, butter) and all kinds of fatty stuff, I put on a tyre of belly fat. And its so much more difficult to reduce my belly fat. So what I do is cardio for about 30 mins a day - running for about 15 mins, and elliptical for 15 mins. Then I try to do the body boat exercise. Which is lying on your back, lifting both legs to be about 45 degrees to the ground, and lifting the upper back (without lifting the lower back), and stretch hands out to reach for your toes. This exerts a lot of pressure on the lower back! And its doing pretty good! I have been exercising for more than a couple of weeks now, and I see quite some difference. Google up for the posture. Also planks like shiva suggested are good for strengthening your core! Drink lots of luke-warm water too! GL!

1 person likes this.
  4. vijaya1982

vijaya1982 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pman,

i was silent viewer to this fitness forum and threads. Even I am also facing the same problem i.e tummy!

From last year I totally lost 7kgs total and now my weight is 53kgs and i look ok to my height. But because of tummy i feel little bit guilt to wear tshirts especially! I tried to follow variety pack challenge, but because of some reasons i cannot continue that! I do regular walk daily for 40 minutes and diet is normal.

so thinking to follow this thread!

vijaya

5. MVRENUKA

MVRENUKA Silver IL'ite

i like this thread very much bcos, here people are not talking about finding easy solutions without moving the body.. exercise is the best way to reduce weight.. diet and bla bla bla does not help.. anyhow i alternate between weight training with dumb bells and cardio (skipping and stair climbing).. 2 days weight training and 2 days of cardio.. for other days i do suryanamaskar / belly dancing / streching etc.. i hv been doing for the last 3 weeks.. ( i was doing the same before few years and completely stopped it due to busy schedule.. i lost 10 kgs the healthy way but the long gap took me back to square one).. now i hv resigned and hence hv some time to exercise.. i find alternating between cardio and weight training really helps in reducing tummy.. i hv subscribed to health magazines like prevention and men's health.. they are really good and i keep googling to new moves on the net.. going is good till now.. i hope to keep up the momentum..

2 people like this.
  6. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have question for all of you here.....
    I was able to get rid of that extra flab and tone my stomach (at least by few inches ) after my pregnancy.
    My tummy looks good except during a week before my ‘unwanted monthly guest’ and after a week.
    My whole body just bloats up and especially tummy looks very bad.
    This de motivates me a lot.
    So any suggestions for this issue????

7. puni88

May be available... not sure.
    I brought these videos as we use it regularly and it’s part of investment for your 'tools of the trade'

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

puni,

this is normal. i find this even in my daughter. you reduce the salt intake, pump in more water and keep exercising.

9. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

As Im unable to follow exercise videos on my own for a long time, Im rejoining the gym from new year. I want to take advantage of the weight training at gym, which i miss doing at home.

Puni, i walk around the house taking baby steps when i feel bloated during such times. I also experience body heat during such period and hence keep sipping thin buttermilk throughout the day.

10. puni88

Shanthi,
    I workout even those days too.... but the problem is I won't have a good figure on those days :-(

Where as I see my DH slim & sleek all 365 days :rant