1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Toronto Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Toronto & vicinity' started by cheer, Mar 14, 2006.

1. sreemu

sreemu Bronze IL'ite

hi annu
    i am also from toronto i am staying in mississauga
    i would love to make new friends
    cheers
    sreemu

2. Annu VishnuVardhan

Annu VishnuVardhan New IL'ite

Hello

Hi
    Anybody from downtown ....toronto

3. Misha_K

Misha_K New IL'ite

Hello

A big Hello to everybody :hatsoff

I chanced upon this site while surfing casually. It seems to be a fantastic platform to meet new people and share experiences.

Allow me to introduce myself.

I was born and brought up in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Hyderabad</st1:place></st1:City>/ <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region>. Did all my schooling and university studies in the same city. I am married to a wonderful husband who is also my best friend.

I moved to <st1:country-region><st1:place>Canada</st1:place></st1:country-region> 3 years ago just after I got married leaving behind my family and friends. From there on life's been busy--Adjusting to a new role, new country, a new home away from home. But I am thoroughly enjoying this new chapter in life.

My job keeps me busy for the most time and then it’s my hubby and house. I love to watch Bollywood movies during weekends and catching up with family and friends from back home.

We are from <st1:City><st1:place>Pickering</st1:place></st1:City>. I understand that this thread is specific to <st1:City><st1:place>Toronto</st1:place></st1:City> but I do believe that its people who should connect and not cities.

That's about it from me now.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  4. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

It's been a while since I posted anything on here so I thought it was about time! I'm Sajal, married for 5 yrs, no kids (yet) and living in London, ON. for the last 3 years. Not too many Indians in this part of South Western Ontario and my hubby and I are always up for meeting and making new friends. Anyone out there from London or area, please give me a shout if you're interested in getting to know us!

Thanks!

Sajal

5. radvin

radvin New IL'ite

Re: Hi Ladies!,can anyone give me ideas while relocating to toronto

hi all,
    iam radhavinod here,iam an engineer,as of now a busy housewife and an energitic mom.iam basically from madurai-chennai,got married to vinod in bangalore.my son vishwa is 2 yrs old.i have in newjersey,U.S last yr.... as of now we r travelling to toronto ...may be by nxt weekend...
    can any one give me some idea about the cost of living.vinod is saying that we might stay in north york...can any one give an idea abt that.
    acccessabilty to school,market,......

waiting for ur replys
    radhavinod.

6. visala

visala Senior IL'ite

Re: Toronto Ladies-please help

hai friends,
    i am getting married on march.my fiance lives in toronto so after getting i need to stay there. but i would like to know that can i wear chudidhar or saree there. i am very comfortable in chudidhar, but my husband says that i need to wear jeans, but i don't like jeans.what to wear.................please help.
    bye:queen

7. radvin

radvin New IL'ite

hi frm radha,new to toronto...help me

hi,
    iam radhavinod,iam from bangalore-madurai.i have a 2 yr old kid.v just moved to toronto last week .v r in dowtown.yet i don't have any friends....
    helpme
    bye

8. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Re: Hi Ladies!,can anyone give me ideas while relocating to toronto

Hi

I use to live in toronto. Right now i am in Atlanta. North york is a nice place. Missisagua is a better place to. Lots of indian stores etc.. Cost of living is not very expensive. You will have local transport services. i hope this will be helpful
    Raji

9. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Re: Toronto Ladies-please help

Hi Visala

I would say it is better to wear jeans so you can withstand the cold.
    Raji

10. radvin

radvin New IL'ite

hi iam radhavinod,
    h r u?v doing gud.v live in toronto downtown.v reached toronto only 2 weeks back.happy to c ur message.how is neghibour hood.whts ur hubby doing?to which part of indian u belong?v r frm bangalore.
    bye