1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Top Deals This Week

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by kalainat, Mar 24, 2017.

1. kalainat

kalainat Bronze IL'ite

This deal is for tmobile customers only.
    Tmobile gives free items or offers every tuesday through Tmobile Tuesdays app.
    This week the deals are
    1) $10 off coupon code for groupon local deals
    2) $4 movie ticket to wonder woman
    3) free comics ebook
    Check the app every tuesday, they give offers like free pizza, sub, movie tickets, uber/lyft rides etc..

deepthivinayak1 likes this.
  2. kalainat

kalainat Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    Wanted to share a few tips for saving money.
    1) Walmart Savings Catcher
    This feature is available in official Walmart app. After your in-store shopping trip at Walmart, just scan the QR code of the receipt in the app. The app will now search for the best price of the items you bought. If any of the exact items are advertised for sale at a lower price in other stores, you will automatically receive the price difference back in your account. All the cash back you get will be added to your account and at any point of time you can convert the cashback to a Walmart gift card.

If you regulary shop at walmart, its a great feature. Prices are matched at major stores - kroger, Randalls, Walgreens, CVS, Family dollar etc. I have got cash back on a range of items - groceries, personal care , laundry etc. It may not be a major price savings, but a few dollars here and there may add up to a good amount. Also all your receipts will be electronically stored in your account, which you can use in case of returns.

2) You all might have heard about price match. Most of the stores have this policy of matching lower prices at select other competitors. There is also a thing called price adjustment. When the item you bought goes on sale for a lower price after you bought, you can always request the price difference back. Each store has specific policy regarding this.

I bought a mobile from best buy and within a week the price dropped by $50. I called customer care and got $50 refund. Similarly I also got refunds for clothes, shoes , small appliances etc. So dont stop your work at looking best deals while buying. Continue to check price atleast for a month after you bought.

3) This tip is for amazon shoppers. Amazon has stopped doing price match. Lately amazon change prices almost every few weeks. Also sometimes they advertise a product as a deal, even though its available at the same price always. I found it difficult to decide whether i should buy now or wait. Recently I found a very useful website to keep track of amazon prices.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/
    Just copy the link of the amazon page you are looking at and paste in the search box of this camel website. You can see the price history of the product as a graph. It includes the average, lowest and highest prices of the product, last 5 price changes and at what dates those prices were available. So we can decide if the advertised deal is really a deal.
    You can also create an account and add products for tracking. If there is price drop for those products, you will get an email notification. I found this feature very useful for getting best price for items which i dont need immediately.

Sorry for a lengthy post. Hope these tips help you all. I strongly believe that a penny saved is a penny earned. So constantly look for money saving tips and deals. I will share them here. If any of you have more such tips, do share here.

3. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Super thanks @kalainat
    The Walmart thing is really useful... because I tend to buy many house hold items and grocery there.
    Please keep posting on coupons, deals...
    It's very useful. Especially on H4 if I'm saving a $ it's a big thing to me.

sindmani likes this.
  4. kalainat

kalainat Bronze IL'ite

@Vedhavalli Glad these tips are useful to you. For all of us in H4 - saving equals earning. So learning ways to save and will post more tips and deals as I learn.

Archanaanchan likes this.
  5. kalainat

kalainat Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    Thanks @Vedhavalli for bringing this thread to my memory. I completely forgot to post this fantastic deal on Household essentials.
    This week (till Saturday) Target offers $15 off $50 purchase of Household essentials. It includes things like laundry detergent, dish detergent, fabric care , trash bags, bath and paper towels, household cleaning chemicals, ziplock bags etc .
    Look for the coupon in target cartwheel app or text CLEAN to 827438 for mobile coupon. Combine this offer with manufacturer coupons, rebate offers and target red card savings, you can save big. Its such a hot deal that my local store is low on stock on things I need.
    Target usually offers this deal atleast 6 months once. Use this opportunity to stock up on things.

sindmani likes this.
  6. Vedhavalli

Hi @kalainat
    Any deals for Thanksgiving
    1) I'm looking for printer wireless, only for home use
    2) watches in fossil
    3) memory cards

7. kalainat

kalainat Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I am also planning to buy a printer. The Black Friday ads are not yet released. Will keep this post updated as and when I see the ads.

8. Prash29

Prash29 Gold IL'ite

Thank you for all your efforts ,it is very useful .

Archanaanchan and penpaal like this.
  9. kalainat

kalainat Bronze IL'ite

@Vedhavalli , here are the deals for wireless printers
    Walmart and Kohl's have hp wireless all in one printer on sale for $20
    The next best is at Best buy similar HP AIO for $30.
    Have to wait and see what Amazon offers.

For home use, better to buy all in one printers from Canon/hp. They both come with 2 ink cartridges (black, color). On the other hand epson/ brother comes with 4 or 5 catridges. Expensive to replace.
    Another tip, if ran out of ink, just take the ink cartridge to Costco and get it filled for $7 per catridge.

Archanaanchan and Vedhavalli like this.
  10. Vedhavalli

Thank you @kalainat I bought a cannon all in one from best buy.
    It's a great tip, to fill ink in Costco, I never knew.
    Thank you again