1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Too Dressy For 'me'? "me" The Male Or "me" The Person?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Sep 27, 2017.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Naari. 'BH' is another story and here it is.

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

How do you expect cops to find mobiles when they can't evfen find murderers who are far bigger in size than mobiles? I prefer a pouch that won't make people exclaim "Ouch!", a pouch which doesn't appear to be preparing for Miss Pouch World or Pouch Universe contest, a pouch that does not attract attention.

joylokhi and satchitananda like this.
  3. satchitananda

Balajee, they do find murderers. What they do with them is another matter and I suspect, the same could apply to mobiles too!

And pray, why should a pouch make anyone exclaim in pain! ??? Well, personally, I do like pouches which are simple but elegant, ethnic and aesthetic. Now what is available is not always what we ask for, but what I got is not necessarily something I'd complain about. A bit fancy, yes, but simpler was simply not available in that size. Definitions differ, right?

4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,
    Beautiful pink pouch with beads and kunjalams! Only we ladies have the pleasure of dressing in different attires in beautiful colours with matching things from head to foot. Men have fewer garments to choose and no matching things to show off like matching jewelry, bindhi, footwears like ladies from head to foot.
    How I wish that you get back your costly phone back! Wish you good luck in exchanging your old battered phone in the online festival offer!
    PS

satchitananda likes this.
  5. satchitananda

Thanks a lot for the good wishes. I have given up hope of finding the old phone. I often wonder who made rules about certain clothes being fit only for women or only for men. Strange indeed.

6. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Gosh !! T
    This looks far too " Dressy." atleast me...I wrap up the mobile in a small hand towel when it is in the depth of my handbag.
    Yes sure the mobile case will go with that first Kurtha and sherwani :))))))
    Men like something sober I suppose! Like our grandson used to say, "Thatha's favourite colour is white ! He always wears white," referring to his white dhothi!

7. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Satchi,

Now Metrosexual look is trending, don't be surprised, if your pink pouch catches their fancy! I think some men do look good in colourful clothes.

amunique and satchitananda like this.
  8. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Thoroughly enjoyed reading. Your pouch by all means is dressy and colourful and to the common man or rather woman, it is a woman's pouch! You should be glad your BH was not shocked at your offer and only casually brushed it aside with not being suitable for him:) And, gender equality to the extent of men and woman having common tastes in clothing, accessories etc would surely not make for an interesting life!

9. satchitananda

Jeeves, the pouch has gone into the cupboard and I have found another cotton one. :-(

Jeeves likes this.
  10. satchitananda

So nice to find someone who thinks it would look good on men too!