Toddler's nursery & swine flu

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by deba19, Aug 10, 2009.

1. deba19

deba19 New IL'ite

Hi all,

Was planning to send my DD to nursery from Sept, but right now with the swine flu situation getting more serious am not quite sure. If she misses this session/term getting into similar good nurseries for the next term will not be possible with all available seats being already filled. Should I pay for the session(term fees of 3 months are taken at one time in this nursery) and send her after a wait of a month maybe when people from vacations have already settled in and nursery is still open with no infected wards or should I completely drop the idea of sending her.
    Am in two minds now since my DD really needs to learn to play with kids and yet the nursery she has been registered to has children from all nationalities who might come back from vacation with chances of getting infected.
    Please send in your suggestions..
    What are you doing with ur kids' nursery/school situations?

2. jils

jils Bronze IL'ite

hi deba ,
    how old is your kid?

i had planned to send my dd to a play school , but because of lack of transportaton facility by the school we dropped the idea ......
    we would probably get her admitted to kg 1 instead of sending her to a preschool.......
    which preschool did you get her admitted?????

3. FirSrk

FirSrk Senior IL'ite

Hi
    I think the detection system for the swine flu virus is well capable of keeping infected people from entering when coming back from vacation here. I feel we can rely on it.
    Also, if one is going to get infected it can happen anywhere - restaurant, malls, parks etc. Not necessarily only in the playschool. As we cant confine ourselves to home, I feel u should go ahead and send ur lil one to preschool. She will learn well and be well entertained. Pray for her safety as always

4. desertdiva

desertdiva Junior IL'ite

i have just put my DD in preschool. I think you shuld only agree to pay for 1 month instead of the whole term. as with the kid you never know if she will like to go on or no.. or if you shuld think about other preschools...
    think about it.. did u already get admission for any good preschools.. as its really tuf to get it...