1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Toddler scared of flashing sound and restrooms in school

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by madhavik, Sep 21, 2007.

1. madhavik

madhavik New IL'ite

Anybody help me

My daughter is now 2years 8 months she is potty trained. In the house she informs me pee pee and poo poo. In school she is not asking to go to pee pee and poo poo.Daily she was doing accidents in school.Actually she scared of flashing sound. That to she cannot go alone... in presence of me she will do herself.What i have to do to go herself please tell me.Otherwise i have to wait for some time .Advanced thanks to all.

madhavi.k

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Madhavi,
    Kids are unique and each kid has his/her set of fears which would go off on its own in time.
    All we should do as mothers is empathize with the child and not tell the child that it is nothing...Then slowly explaining the facts to the child...The child would eventually come out of the fear.
    Hope you and your LO are doing good now.

1 person likes this.
  3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Children being afraid of flushing toilets especially the powerful ones that are in schools and instituations is absolutely normal developmental behavior and will stop as soon as the child has matured more cognitively. It is classic situation in human development texts. Just avoid situations where the child is in this situation. Explaining doesn't help as the cognitive understanding of the child is not such that it can be properly understood.

1 person likes this.