1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Toddler Broke Tv, Doesn't Feel Sorry

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Vedhavalli, Feb 21, 2017.

1. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

She is too young to know what she did and it could be an accident .

Be easy on yourself and let her know this is not done . Get te tv after some days

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

My hyperactive young man is a foodie and loves the traditional mango pickle. I have a set of ceramic jars that i used for storing them.(they were a gift). When he was 5 he wanted to have some pickle when i was away, and he broke the lid by mistake. He was feeling bad that now the pickle jar will not have a lid and amma will not make it anymore lol.
    Today he is 18 and still says sorry everytime he sees the jar.
    Sharing just to say kids understand amd remember it for their life. Making it traumatic would scar both the parent and the child.
    I know many who chance on this thread and suggestions are goong to think why are all these people siding with the kid It is hard to handle such situations when it is such a costly thing, but then the child would not understand. Tell her mom does not have money to get the tv, she would say "no problem, use the card. Uncle will rub it in machine.", my son said these and we still have a laugh btwn me and dh.

Hugs once again.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  3. Jananivn

Jananivn New IL'ite

Very well said.. !

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Just what I was going to suggest. Let her learn that actions have consequences. She is too young to know what money, value of money etc. mean.

Ragavisang likes this.
  5. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

omg... these suggestions from wonderful ladies .. I could use all of them. I keep coming back with similar posts complaining about my toddler and i am deal with all those issues at home right now. I am the bad cop.
    Purposefully throwing things, dirtying carpets to annoy me, because I stop her and run in the mall in stores when I say 'no', going to other end.
    Recently I feel so embarrassed when store guy came and told me to control her. Normally, in US they do not say. I hate going with her any where because she does not stay near or respond to calls. We can never get the thing for which we go.

Now she hates me and tells me to sleep in next room and she wants to be with her father and tells me no space for me. She tells me she loves her dad. Literally, she tells you go.
    I know she is a kid but there are times i feel hurt because even if my H washes her up or feeds her, I cook for her and put healthy stuff in plate, I tell him to feed her this that. I take all the botherations no matter how much exhausted i am.
    I chase her and H simply puts TV on, in car, in bed or couch. So she is happy with him. She asks I want some xyz toy to take along, while going out, H just tells let watch Tv in car and she is okay.