1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Toddler and preschooler foods

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Ami, Dec 24, 2005.

1. vinunagpal

vinunagpal New IL'ite

Hi rukmani,

My daugther is 15 mnths old and I give her apple after grating it with a small kadookas or if the apple is too soft we can give it in small slices after peeling....She loves Banana and wants to eat herself (once unaware, she had it half along with the peel), else banana with curd or with milk is a good combi; we give her small water melon and melon pieces to eat after removing all the seeds; mashed papaya; she loves oranges too much that she doesn't even wait calmly while we peel it and remove the seeds.

She however doesn't like mangoes...prob becoz they are ripe yet and not sweet.....she didn't even like mango shake

Thanks,

2. vinunagpal

vinunagpal New IL'ite

Re: diet chart for 1-2 year old kid

Hi Vidhya,

TYhanks forthe concern but her ped has prescribed a multivitamin syrup for her....I have brought fresh cheese for her and gives her to eat on her own...she enjoys that...she likes jam also...Is it gud to give her mixed fruit jam?

Yesterday in lunch I made her eat a small parantha with egg curry

3. Ishan'sMom

Ishan'sMom New IL'ite

Hi Vinunagpal... I wouldn't let my son eat any kind of jam just by itself... lot of sugar it has. Spread some on a toasted whole wheat bread or wheat roti and give it to her

You can also try giving her paneer... or you an make palak paneer and serve with rice or roti

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  4. vinunagpal

vinunagpal New IL'ite

Hi Ishan's Mom,

may I know ur first name so that I can call you by that.....I do not give neat jam to my daughter....I gave it on brown bread with malai...She doesn't like bread but with malai it becomes soft and that's easy way for her to eat. Pallak paneer is a gud idea...I'll try this weekend....Currently I give her a piece of cottage cheese to eat and she likes it.

She ate two toasts in the morning dipped in milk....I want to add something tothe milk..what is best in this regard for a 15 mnth old child (horlicks, bournvita, boost or any other drink)?

Thanks,
    Vinu

5. Chinju

Chinju Senior IL'ite

I try giving all fruits for my 16 months daughter. But she doesnot eat any fruits. We need to forcefully give her bananas.Apples she doesn't like at all. She also doesn't drink any fruit drink. Is there any way to make her like fruits?

Thanks.

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

you can give mostly all fruits. go slow on citrus since some babies react to them. Banana you can give as it is. I used to give my boy baby bananas since they're small in size it's easy for them to hold. If your child is used to chewing and not swallowing then grapes (seedless) works well. Some children don't know to bite and eat and can end up swallowing grapes as such. Else ripe pear, apples, strawberries all can be given as it is and also as puree.

Latha

7. Poonkodi

Poonkodi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the informaiton. My baby is 2 years old and she is getting consipated frequently. I think these informaiton will be very helpful for me. I need to change her food habits.

8. laasya

laasya Silver IL'ite

hi poonkodi

my baby is 2yr old , she too hav constipation frequently so i give warm water instead of plan water and soaked plums and raisings mashed and adding in milk
    will also gives relief

9. Ishan'sMom

Ishan'sMom New IL'ite

Hi Vinunagpal... my name is Akshaya... malai with jam sounds yummy... reminds me of something I used to eat at our local bakery :)
    sorry no clue on what you an add to the milk... I think its best if they get used to the taste of plain milk... you have no problem finding regular milk anywhere you go... let her just have plain milk for now. Once they get older they will want to have what they see on tv :)

10. lavanyaravi

lavanyaravi New IL'ite

Re: Any (vegetarian) lunch-box ideas for pre schooler ???

hi all,
    can anybody give the idea of how to do the veg rolls.and how to make lunch box dosas and chapathis as they r becoming dry by after noon.
    thanks
    lavanya