1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Toddler and preschooler foods

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Ami, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi supriya,

I give fruit yogurts too to my LO in winter. I suppose it really depends on individuals. Sorry I wouldn't have the answer to your questions. Must wait for other moms to respond! Have you tried any herbal teas that is for cold, cough, running nose? It's difficult to convince LO to drink such things but atleast i do in preparation for colder months.

Latha

2. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Hi supriya,

As latha suggested,except grapes we can give everything else.Especially in USA(cold country),we are supposed to take vitamin c rich foods to fight against various viral and bacterial related health issues as such citrus fruits are good.Grapes also ok,but once in a while.And yogurt is also good.But mostly i give only once a day with warm rice in the afternoon.

vaishu

3. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Re: worrying about my kid food..

Hi Devi,

Try giving him good protein rich food.Microwave frozen green peas for 3-4minutes with little salt and water and serve as one part of breakfast.He might be interested to pick and eat by himself.Boil corn and give.He might like it.Almond milk(almond powder made with silvered almonds,elaichi powder and sugar).Some easy snacks like steamed green beans,beetroot,carrot cut in variety shapes like french fries shape etc.Grilled Cheese sandwich also is a good snack/breakfast.vegetable uthappams,vegetable idlis,vegetable upma etc also are good

Try these if he likes.
    vaishu

4. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi mommies,
    My son gave up his milk and is only into milk products-butter,yogurt and cheese.I tried plain/flavoured milk.No use.All types of sipper/normal glass is not working with him.Should i just leave it or take any other steps?

5. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Have you tried adding things like "Maltova" (whatever equivalent you get there)? That was the only way I drank milk while growing up. Or maybe badam powder even? If all this doesnt work then I guess you should leave it for now and try after 4-5 mnths.

vanathi.

6. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Supriya, Don't know what flavors you tried, but my son loves chocolate milk and strawberry milk (milk mixed with a little syrup). Sometimes he asks for "caramel milk" - I just drizzle a bit of caramel syrup I bought for topping in icecreams, etc. You can also try if he likes vanilla soymilk? How about fruit smoothies?

If nothing works, like Vanathi said give it some time. If he is getting calcium & Protein requirements met, it should be fine. You could also try making creamy veggie soups that use whole milk instead of cream (like cream of broccoli, cream of carrot etc).

7. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Vanathi,i tried juniour horlicks(chocolate flaovor) but he had loose stools.The problem is he doent even come to taste what i have for him..

Pavarun-your ideas looks yummy..I tried Nesquik chocolate flavour..

How doyou make creamy soups and smoothie?

8. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI supriya...

i used to make one creamy veg soup for my daughter she loves that... you can try it...

3 beans
    1 slice carrot
    1 slice onion
    1 slice tomato
    1 small garlic
    2 pinch pepper ( if u want more also u can add it at the last)

boil all these nicely... grind it in the mixie along with the boiled water...

now boil it again adding little cream if you want to have it as soup

if you want to mix it with rice then add 2-3 spoons of coconut milk powder and boil it...

9. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Vahee, that's something I would love to eat myself. I think I am going to raid your recipe book LOL. Thanks.

10. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI K...

My daughter is very choosy... so i keep exprementing...news foods daily ... like this now i started finding some some thing which she likes...

btw...you can even add.. nuts powder (1 spoon) to this soup... it will taste yummy...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008