1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Toddler and preschooler foods

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Ami, Dec 24, 2005.

1. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

Re: Ideas to make sandwich spreads for toddlers

Excellent idea. Did you use a cookie cutter to make different shapes? Thanks for sharing the great idea.

Kavya.

2. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

Good stuff. Thanks for the ideas Grace.

Kavya.

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

4. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI padma , Grace... ur ideas are really good.. thnx for sharing...

latha thnx for the link....

5. devi sireesha

devi sireesha New IL'ite

worrying about my kid food..

hello every body,
    how ru all.i would like to ask few questions about my kid food. i have 20 months old kid.he is very lean and tall (like his dad).he does not like the cereals at all. and his hair is very thin.and becoming brown.initially he is good .but as months pass on, he is becoming lean and tall.when i check with my doctor his weight is(20 percentile,and height is 92).culd plz tell me. how to feed my baby all the day(breakfast, lunch,snacks and dinner). i usually go to whole foods store.v preffer whole foods.and more thing , i feeded my breast milk up to 18 months.could u suggest us diet plan for my kid.
    i will be greatful,if u help me in that.

thanks
    devi

6. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Re: worrying about my kid food..

My 21 mo is also like that, he is 32" and 10.5 Kg (after the initial days of obsessively following his percentile growth I backed off for the sake of my own sanity LOL). I know a lot of paediatrician would push me to do something about it, but not ours. His neonatologist and paed believe he is following a growth curve of his own and only when that curve flattened out a bit was she concerned at all. Once we got his food allergies sorted out, he is back on his curve.
    Also, can I ask if your paed is following the chart for breastfed babies? Most paed still follow the one CDC came up with in the 1960s for formula-fed babies. Breastfed babies gain weight in the first 4-6 months rather quickly and then their growth slows down out when they start being mobile. Just trying to reassure you if your LO has not been sick and if he is active, he should be doing great.
    Could you post what your meals are like. Whole grains are a very healthy but I find that the fibre adds bulk to the meals. So I tend to alternate whole grains with some raw rice.

7. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Re: worrying about my kid food..

Devi, I am going to merge this thread with the 'Toddler & Preschool foods' thread. Also, do read through that thread to see if you can find answers to your question.

Raj

8. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    is it ok to give toddlers citrus fruits(grapes,clementines,oranges) and yogurt during winter..?because i get cold and fever if i eat citrus fruits....

9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Supriya,

I'm not sure about grapes (mom says it aids phelgm in some) but other citrus fruits are rich in Vitamin-C (as you know). So I think you can give them gladly in winter. At our home we have yogurt everyday (with rice) in winter too. If you have doubts just try them out on your kid... may be he takes it well!

Latha

10. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi latha,so far he is fine.yogurt and rice is a must every day.I give him flavoured yogurt in the around 4pm..i am concerned about that.He is thriving on milk products only.Not interested in plain/flavoured milk after stopping bottle.
    do you know any other foodthat causes phlegm?how to cure if accumulated?