1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Todays little moments become tomorrow's precious memories

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 21, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Often we stand at life crossroads and view what we think is the end.But God has a much bigger and He tells us "Relax my child it only a bend"

“All of life is a journey which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there.”

In life's journey we meet so many people and some of them we can never forget. Mostly we dont remember the days we remember the moments. Memories dont change but people do. Its not the time spent with our loved ones but its the memories of the time spent with them we cherish now.

When I think of those old memories with the friends I miss now, I cry for the time I spent with them, I cry for the memories left behind,

God takes us sometimes into troubled waters not to drown us but to cleanse us

Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend — or a meaningful day. ~ Dalai Lama

Today when I saw Knot2share's thread and Mindi's thread in which they shared some converstion with Monifa it brought me old memories when we all used to meet in How are you thread and the lovely exchange of messages we used to have. Now some are not in IL. Also miss the friends Soldier, Tubelight, Deaf Woman and others whom we used to meet in A to Z thread started by Sriniketan.

Memories are not stored in the heart or in the head or even in the soul, but in the spaces between two given people. When people drift apart, these spaces wear thin, what then left is the memories.

As long as we have memories, yesterday remains
    as long as we have hope, tomorrow awaits
    as long as we have friendship, each day is never a waste

It is great to have friends when one is young, but indeed it is still more so when you are getting old. When we are young, friends are, like everything else, a matter of course. In the old days we know what it means to have them. ~ Edvard Grieg

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji Sister,

Many of us dont realise the importance and get entangled in mundane activities, tomorrow becomes today when the SUN rises and goes on, but we dont realise that and waste our time not realising the purpose of life.

I enjoyed the lines which I have highlighted above, :thankyou2:

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Sai dear thanks for the first and only fb.You made my day by your fb. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Glad you liked th equote