1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

To stop alcohol completely

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by TPriya, Aug 27, 2011.

1. TPriya

TPriya New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. It is a very good and useful site for all.

Any one of you can suggest me a solution to stop alcohol completely, using any method of treatment. One of my relatives is struggling with the same. If possible, doctors also can respond to this thread which may be useful for many. Or any home remedy for the same without any side effects.

Eagerly waiting for any response at the earliest.

Thanks

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Here in USA what happens is the alcoholic would stop the drinking under the care of a trained medical professional at the beginning as just going off alcohol for an advanced alcoholic is very dangerous. After initial detox, then join a support group of other alcoholics in Alcoholics Anonymous or similar group. The family should attend Al-Anon which is a group for families to understand and heal from living with the alcoholic. Also the alcoholic needs counselling on what made them drink in the first place (trauma, abuse, etc.) so that they can stay sober. Most drug and alcohol abusers have enablers and it is important for the friend or family member who does this to understand that and stop it. You can download AA and Al-Anon literature from their websites.

www.aa.org

Welcome to Al-Anon Family Groups

3. TPriya

TPriya New IL'ite

Hi Tashidelek,

Thank you so much for your reply. Your suggestions are very useful. I will make use of them for my relative. Thanks again.

4. ShanthiMaruthu

ShanthiMaruthu New IL'ite

Hi Priya,
    Alcoholism is truly a life killing disease and its not possible to cure by any medicines or by home remedies. I don't know your relative's current location. So far my husband also struggled with this problem and now he stopped drinking by the treatment given by TTK Rehabilitation center in Chennai [91 - 44 - 2474 9441]. It is one of the premier Rehab center in India having more than 60% successful result in curing this disease.I hope your relative will completely stop taking alcohol after taking treatment. Also ask your relative to attend meetings arrange by 'Alcoholics Anonymous' near by area. It will also give confident to your relative to fight against alcoholism

5. TPriya

TPriya New IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

Thanks for your reply. I have also seen about TTK Rehabilitation center in the internet. But there, the patient should stay for few days or months for the treatment right. My relative is not ready take up any medicine or treatment and he does not accept that he is an alcoholic. That's why searching for the way in which we can treat him without his knowledge.

Glad to hear that your husband stopped drinking after treatment. Thank God. Lets hope the same for my relative also.

We are also from Chennai. We are seriously need help in this as his drinking habit is becoming worse day by day.

Thanks in advance

6. anushiv1

anushiv1 New IL'ite

I think alcoholism cannot be stopped with just a treatment, it requires constant prayers to god and lots of patience until it is cured completely. The person should get diverted each time he wants to drink. Its a big challenge.