1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To remain young while growing old is the highest blessing

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 9, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Old age is far more than white hair, wrinkles, the feeling that it is too late and the game finished, that the stage belongs to the rising generations. The true evil is not the weakening of the body, but the indifference of the soul.

André Maurois (1885-1967) French writer.

Live your life and forget the age. Old age is the time when your heart is young. If you keep your heart always young then you are not old. In old age let us enjoy the happiness not count the years

Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts. ~Martin Buxbaum

Old age is the time when we have had our own good and bad experiences,lived our life to the fullest. It is the time when we can share our experiences with our children so that they dont make the same mistakes which we had made.

When we are young we learn so many things but dont understand and when we get old we understand and if we try to follow the things which we learnt when we were young

It seems only the old are able to sit next to one another and not say anything and still feel content. The young, brash and impatient, must always break the silence. It is a waste, for silence is pure. Silence is holy. It draws people together because only those who are comfortable with each other can sit without speaking. This is the great paradox.

NICHOLAS SPARKS, The Noteboo

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

What a remarkable blog. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it as I am approaching retirement. I am 58 years old and my wife has given another five years for me to work, with God's Grace. We are looking forward to this retired life and hopefully, we will be blessed to spend a lot of time together. Even now, little things, make us feel good. Whenever, she had to drive a long distance to get some Indian groceries, I offer to drive. That little time with her makes me feel good. When we feel bored, we bring some flowers home and arrange it beautifully in a flower vase that would last for at least a week. I work from home and every time I had to go for a meeting with the client, my wife would always wish me good luck and ask me whether I would be back soon to have lunch or dinner. These little things make a big difference in life. Whenever my wife asked me to get something for her, I always used to think earlier why can't she buy it herself as she has the same credit card I have? Later, I realized that her little happiness is in me getting it for her.

When we were young, we took a lot of things for granted and I am slowly learning from my wife that the real happiness is in seeing people around us happy.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Viswa dear you brought a smile on my face with your first fb. I always value your fb and you also dont fail to encourage me with your sweet fbs. There is always somethingto learn from your fbs and you inspire me to write more blogs.

Retirement is the beginning of life. Glad to know that you are going to retire soon. I retired 10 yrs back and enjoying retired life now. I was also a working woman, worked for 38 years. During that time my dh always used to help me in everything even in kitchen work. So after retirement I dont allow him to come to the kitchen and he is also busy in his social work. Since children are married only we two are there. I take pleasure in making different recipies . I am there to welcome him when he comes tired from out. Its really enjoyable life after retirement when we have finished all our responibilities and when we can enjoy attending functions, temples, etc.

All the best to enjoy your retired life. Ya small pleasures in life make us happy.

4. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai ma,

Young age experience will give more maturity if we become old and inturn we will also will know from the younger generation how we should be. Let us be accommodative with everyone in the family right from the small one to old one to win the heart.
    tks for sharing ma

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your message Sreema dear