To join the kid 1st std CBSE directly in Chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Chinmaye, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Chinmaye

Chinmaye New IL'ite

Hi,

I like in Australia. My kid is 2 years old.
    We are planning to return to india when he is 4. We want to settle in INDIA.
    Here in Australia they start schooling from 5 years . Till 5 years only Day care.

So my question is
    1. Will they admit my kid directly to 1st std when i come there when he is 4.5 years ?
    2. Will my kid find it hard to cope up with the syllabus in INDIA ? I am planning to teach him LKG and UKG syllabus in home when we are in melnourne. But ia m not sure will that be sufficient .

All parents reading this - please suggest me ideas and your thoughts on this.
    I am really concerned about my child studies. I dont want him to waste years .
    I dont want him to en up joining LKG or UKG when he is 5 years.

Thanks
    Chinmayee

1 person likes this.

2. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Don't worry Chinmayee.There are many schools in India where this won't be a problem.Since,You didn't mention which place you are going to settle down ,I can't suggest any school name in particular.But,NRI kids are getting easily admitted.

Teaching your kid is a good thing to do as it would be helpful if there is any entrance exam.But,contact the schools as early as possible and try to talk to the authorities in person.

3. Chinmaye

Chinmaye New IL'ite

Hi kishoremommy ,

Thanks a lot for your response and sugegstion. It is very helpful and encouraging.
    I am planning to settle down in Chennai. I want my kids to join in CBSE schools like DAV/PSBB/SBOA.

Are the schools asking any extra admission fee if we are an NRI ?
    My kid is still an indian citizen as he was born in India.

If you have more information on this please share.

Thanks
    Nirmala

4. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

I live in Coimbatore.Here in PSBB branch,BVM global branch I have seen many people admitting NRI kids easily even during vijayadasami.But,in Chennai,I think it would be safe if you approach the school with recommendations.

By now ,they would have issued applications.Please ,check if you have relatives or friends in Chennai.

5. vichuchachu

vichuchachu Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Here there are lot of CBSE schools in Chennai. But, probably you have to register in advance, a year before. Otherwise, you would not be able to get seat in good school. Get the help of your relatives or friends so that could register your child's name in advance in schools you prefer.

Regards,
    geetha.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

at five in a cbse school reputed one your son can only be in ukg. ofcourse there are schools that would take them into 1st, provided there is a proof that your child had studied and is capable of handling 1st and also you need to get the approval from the boad..in chennai at the regional cbse board i think.

Coming to teaching, check out with the books from india for lkg/ukg and try to teach your son. there is a reason why school starts at 5 in melbourne..do not push your child to 1st standard just because everybody in chennai does.

again this is my pov alone..

7. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi friends,

is there a way where we can book a seat for our kid a year ahead in any of the chennai schools(any provision for NRI). since getting in between the standards other than LKG or PREKG will be tougher in chennai's popular schools. thanx in advance.