To increase a hemoglobin

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by BuviVishal, Feb 16, 2012.

1. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

HI All,

I got recently married. My friends adviced me to keep the Hemoglobin level as 12 in pregnancy period. but i am having only 8.34. I didnt get pregnant:ranti am just preparing myself for that.

Can you please suggest me to increase the HB level what food i have to take inside other than beetroute, dates. i knew only these two things:bonk

Regards
    Buvana

2. Suhasini123

Suhasini123 Senior IL'ite

Why not take iron tablets with vit C... Pls do consult a doctor, but this is what I was asked to do so when my HB was just 11 during pregnancy

3. dipu81

dipu81 Junior IL'ite

Take Iron rich food items like Spinach, Pomagranette etc to increase HB count.

4. vanithasekar

vanithasekar Gold IL'ite

if u are non-veg, u can take liver... it increases HB instantly..

u can take red banana..( sevazhai in tamil)...

5. sowmyaraman81

sowmyaraman81 Gold IL'ite

My Mil has low hemoglobin lever(It was 3)....... That time doc adviced us FIG.... Take 2fig and soak it in half glass of milk for 1hr and drink it everyday.

After doing this for a month now her hemoglobin level is 13....So this is worth....FIG IS VERY GOOD FOR HEALTH AND YOU CAN USE EVEN IF YOU ARE PREGNANT

6. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

hi
    Thanks to all. as you adviced i will try to eat. doctor gave Iron tablets. every morning i am taking :-:)-( but i dont like to eat tablet.

if my HB level increase would i stop the tablet???????

7. PrabhaNiv

PrabhaNiv New IL'ite

Hi,

I know its a trouble with Iron tablets, will cause constipation. But do not stop taking them, 8.34 is quite a bit low and tablets certainly help bring up the hb level faster. Eat well, as all the fellow Ilites have suggested above and you can reduce the tablets to alternate days after a month or so. take a beetroot and half an apple, add a tsp of honey, make a juice and have it every night. Other than that, Eat lots of fresh veggies and fruits including iron rich food. Do not worry you should be all fit and fine in a couple of weeks time.

Cheers!
    Prabha

8. cissyboo

cissyboo Silver IL'ite

Beans, lentils, and chickpeas (chana or Bengal gram) are good sources of iron. Spinach, collard greens and mustard greens are as well. So are egg yolks. Remember to take Vitamin C (like orange juice) with iron as it helps with the absorption of the iron. Did the doctor tell you why your hemo count is so low? Mine was at 9, and usual at this altitude (7500 ft) is 16-but mine was medical reason (fibroid tumors) resolved by surgery (and three 325 mg iron tabs daily:( )

9. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

hello...

try black jaggery (we call it karipotti in malayalam)- its simple; boil a glass of water, add a spoon of karipotti and a bit of coffee powder (optional- i add this and take it at around 4 in the evening). it tastes yum and is very healthy. it is specially given to preg ladies in kerala to increase their hb count in earlier days. well taken by others who have anemia too

10. Sanchita22

Sanchita22 Silver IL'ite

I have heard that regular intake of beet root increases heamoglobin. I have seen the results, try it. Have egg regularly. While taking Iron rich food always take vitamin C with it as it helps in absorption of Iron. All the best.