1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To Continue Work Or Quit

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ILUser07, Jun 30, 2018.

1. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

I know this post does not belong in Married life forum. But my married life and my peace will also be effected based on my decision.
    Lately there is a lot of politics going on at my work place(IT) which I am not able to get over though I am not personally effected. Management is acting like a dictator not trying to know the truth and firing everyone who question. Politics is common in any company but this is the cheapest I have witnessed. A guy who joined a couple of years back bribed the manager, quickly climbed to influential position and started bringing in his people whenever there is a opening. He keeps a huge margin of commission and pays very little to them and controls them not to talk to anyone. In need of job, they willingly joined through him but over a year, they started protesting as they were getting very little to survive in US. When someone complained about sexual harassment about this guy, the management tried to protect him a lot but failed and had to fire him. After he left the company, when he was seen outside by a colleague, he warned that no one in the team will stay long and eventually it will be his control though he is not in the company. It is very clear the one of the senior manager is involved in all this. Now, suddenly they started firing all the senior people without notice. My manager who is not at all consulted about all this, unable to protect his team, heartbroken, he quit the job.

Though I am still in the company, I am hating it now. I am unable to sit in that company and it is literally killing me every minute. My husband asked me not to take any emotional decision indirectly asking me to continue the job. I know I can't find a job immediately. I am 3 month pregnant and I will anyways quit the job before delivery for break. If I quit now, I have to stay home along with my Dh as he works remote and it causes more and more fights. And I can't handle it at this time. I have to kill my self respect if I have to continue working there. I have to shut my mouth, not question though they treat us like slaves, and work till they fire one day. What to do? Work or Quit?

2. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

Dear OP
    Suddenly this struck me while reading your post.Would your colleagues do the same if you are fired?will they quit their job seeing all the unlawful things?
    Going downhill doesnt take much time.
    Anyway you are going to take a break in another 5 and half months.
    Keep yourself calm and take care your mental health.
    Let us think this way.YOu voiced your opinion and got fired the next min.What next? Can you while away your time at home doing nothing for the next 5 and half months or you will go for a job hunt?
    Unless you have a constructive plan regarding what to do next its not worth to quit the job.
    Most of the work places are this way. Lobbying is the most common thing.

sbonigala and GeetaKashyap like this.
  3. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Guess it's about choosing the lesser evil out of both..

Whether you can bear it for a few more months, continue to work n get paid, you are gonna leave anyway.

Or

Is quitting, sitting at home, fighting, emotional drama more bearable?

4. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

I don't want to impose my way of thinking on anyone. Its their choice. For me, work is the only place where I can be myself without any fear and respected all through my career. Here, they treat like I am nothing. I've never been this helpless at my work. Personal life is complete opposite. If I can't be satisfied in neither of them, I don't know what to do.
    You made the decision simple. Staying home is more evil for me. But till lately, I used to have life at least during the 8hrs of work. Seeing all this, where evil becomes stronger and successful day by day, I see no point in being good. I am loosing faith in good and god. I guess I should not teach my child to be honest and good.

5. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

I don't know if you are in usa .because vIsa is big deal here . Are you in IT.

Work can really depression . I have been there so I get it.

I can tell only.as.a.IT person. The north America head of IT told me in annual meeting once.

Love your work but not your company because you never know when your company can replace you.

This is has been worked for me.all the tome. I am able.to train myself and switch companies . Biggest problem in usa is visa . In that way desi companies work out well. If you don't like a client train yourself to change get the new client. As long as billing is there desi employer does not care.

You know your situation better . I just add a perspective

6. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

One of the best advice.

ChennaiExpress likes this.