1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To Bribe or Not is the Question

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Veda
    No one can say it better than you. Thats exactly what my husband tells me. He is also dealing with office in China and relatively its smooth sailing there.He gets fed up with the bureacracy (sp?) But nothing moves without this Bribe. Really isnt this a sad state of affairs. Even though we knew it I think over time it has deteriorated. Especially when we deal with other countries its sad to see our country still stuck in this mire.If only they would streamline things we could have even surpassed China! Ofcourse you didnt understand those 2 lines !! Are u kidding??????

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    My father was one such person who cannot accept anything from anyone to be so precise even the New Year diaries that will be distributed. He was with a Deputy Commissioner in the Income - Tax Department and was highly respected by all, in his own office, auditors and clients. He taught us that if you take something from some one once even if it is a small thing even as a gift, they might expect you to do some favour for them when they are in need of one. So dont do that.

He had to take a voluntary retirement just because of one of the highly influential politician; as that person's case was supposed to be handled by him and whether you like it or not you should take bribes from that politician and party. To avoid that....

But today when he had to get things done from any of the government offices, he is forced to pay what they are asking for and is not able to say no. Bribing have become a part and parcel of the entire judicial and governmental system.

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Rajmi dearie
    Thanks for writing about your father. I feel like standing tall because of him and people like him. I am sure they are an extinct breed now as there probably no one can exist without giving or taking bribe. Your last line sums it up for us. It has truly become part and parcel of the entire juidical system. Its a pity but that is todays reality. keep blogin...