1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To all darling daughters….

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by subhsk, May 8, 2009.

1. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

“ Hema ka… get up, It is already 8 am. I have kept the coffee in the table take it and get ready, we have to go shopping “ – Priya; Hema’s younger sister.

“ Leave her priya, Let her sleep for some time, Its vacation na…she may be tired straining night studies for her exam”

“ Mummy you are pampering her a lot. Didn’t I had exam?. Today I woke up soon by 5, and Am I not helping you now in your work? Atleast in this vacation, Teach her cooking, cleaning and organizing home.” – Priya

“ Don’t always gossip about your sister, as if you help me in all household work. Both of you are no use to me. No parents have such irresponsible reckless daughters “ – amma

“ Who asked you to help mom priyama… go and watch tv or do something. You already have smoke and dust allergy. Its too hot in Kitchen too. If this affects you, then your vacation will be spoilt and you have to spent in clinic only. Go dear enjoy yourself “. – Appa

“Appa…. This amma is going to suffer a lot later for bringing up Hema Like this. Last week I cooked briyani by taking receipe from internet. I am washing my clothes myself. But for Hema she is doing everything. Even for eating she has to beg her many times.She is cooking everything she asks for. This is too bad pa “ – Priya

“Ok ok…enough priya.. If she hears, She will start complaining about your mischievous. Both of you no less than each other. Akka is going to get married soon and she has to take all responsibilities of her in laws and have to work a lot. So let her enjoy the princess life here at least “. – Amma

“ But mma you always look tired, sweating, weary.. I thought, if I start helping you atleast she too will have the mindset to help you. I am getting more anger ma. Even in my friend prema’s home, only She helps her mom and her elder sister just eats and sleeps. I hate all these carefree irresponsible elder sisters. How she can work at in-laws home when she does nothing here?? “

“No da.. She will learn doing everything. I too didn’t know cooking when I was married at very young age, Am I not doing everything now? Don’t have such personal grudges. She is after all your sister. Let me finish off cooking. It is getting late for appa.”

“ Cha…no one is listening to me”

Years passed, Hema came home for her ‘Thala Diwali’ celebration along with her husband.

Priya, and amma were sitting around her in bed room ,while appa and his son-in-law were speaking something in hall.

Suddenly Hema started weeping.

“Amma its too difficult for me to do all the work ma. I don’t like this joint family culture at all. Everyday I cook, clean vessels, wash clothes, again cook for lunch, evening snacks and tea then dinner. If I prepare samosa for evening snacks, my BIL and MIL eat 3-4 like breakfast. Hayoo , I can no more tolerate ma “

“ Hema dear…It is normal. Don’t loose heart. Once you get used to it you will feel happy to do everything,you should have more patience. When you love what you do for your family, you will feel everything easy, interesting and happy. No one is finding any fault in your work na? Be happy with that now”. – boosting words of amma.

Years passed away. Hema was getting more applause for her great work in managing her house like queen from every one. “See how Hema was and how she is now”. This was monotonous feedback from everyone.

Hema came home on her kid’s summer vacation.

“ Priya, how long you can be single? Appa is getting aged. He is worrying a lot about your marriage. If amma had been now with us, You would have got married by now. Appa worries a lot in getting you settled. Why are you hesitating so much? “

“ It is nothing like issue akka, I am just waiting for the prince who could take care of appa like his dad. I want to have him with me for ever and take care of him in his old age. I can’t us think of deserting appa all alone.”

“ It is rare to find one as you say priya, How long can we wait ?‘

‘Till we find one as such “

“Are you very sure we can find?”

“Of course”

Hema was traveling in train back to her home.

Thadak Thadak…..

“ I have earned very good name as DIL, Wife, SIL from everyone, taking care of sick FIL and MIL ,even cleaning their dirt’s. But had I ever asked my mom to sit peacefully watching tv . Had I ever asked her to take rest for half a day and cooked one time meal she likes? Had I ever asked her to sit and chat with me while I wash her cloths? Had I ever massaged her head when she sits tired after finishing all her work? Had I ever helped in cutting vegetables at least? Had I ever given one cup of coffee? “

For everything there was one simple answer A Big ‘No’.

This left a big ‘0’. The whole universe seemed to be a very big ‘Suniyam’ .

“ Will I ever get any chance to serve my mom?”

For the Very first time .. Tears from heart rolled on her cheeks… That was very painful and hot… but of no use…..

The scream of her heart was more & nosiy than the Thadak Thadak…sound of the train.

This is just to emphasize the importance of relations in our life time. Who knows : Who will depart us when?? Let us respect the relations of all kind and try to keep them pleased forever.

SK

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Dear SK

Excellent and wonderful.

It is true that we are not doing any help to our mothers but somehow, we are managing a good show at our Inlaws.

Once we become mothers, we realize the importance of our mother. But by the time, we cant help our mothers, treat her properly.

So as you said, we must know the value of the each relation and shower love and affection, whenever we can.

andal

3. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Dear Subhsk,

I enjoyed your short story a lot.
    It is a reflection of what is happening in every other home today.

4. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

You are absolutely right andal. You have caught the exact extract / essence which I tried to tell in this entire story.
    Thanks for the feedback

SK

5. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Shakambari,

Welcome to my blog.Thanks for the feedback too.

Will we get an opportunity to serve our parents and siblings once we fly apart having a family of our own?

To work for our family is not mere 'kadamai' that is our delight.

Cheers!!!
    SK