Tips to save money re-born

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Roopasparsh, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Roopasparsh

Roopasparsh Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

Not sure whether I need to create this thread. Actually this is for my own purpose, if the administrator finds a apt thread they may push it there. I found one thread from the index http://www.indusladies.com/forums/money-matters/80041-check-here-first-alphabetical-list.html
    However there has been no activity for quite some time now in this thread. Ok coming to the point. I am currently unemployed and my DH gives me 2500 ( started this Dec) per month for my expenses. I spend 500 for yoga class, spent 640 for parlor so as It is Mumbai parlour charges are less unlike Bangalore I think My parlour budget wont exceed 700. :coffee What can I do with remaining money so that I can save it and multiply. I know its a meager amount however I want to know if you ppl have any idea. I want to save good sum and get see my DH's brows go up.:thumbsup.. please do let me know

2. charmingpooh

charmingpooh Bronze IL'ite

There are so many options like MF,FD,RD etc. Do check all the threads here you will get some idea.

3. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

you can open up fixed deposits for as small as 7-31 days.. tenure.. try..:)

4. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    You can open an RD in a Post office for 1k/1.5k . it is the safest and easy method of saving and accumulating amount.or esle you can open an SIP in mutual fund say for 1k in any good returns fund for longer period say 3/5 years. You can yield a good returns there.

5. happylife123

happylife123 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

If you have demat account, you can even buy ETFs. It is better if your time horizon is 3 years or more while going for this option.

6. kalaipriya

kalaipriya Platinum IL'ite

how about gold saving scheme, almost all the jewellery shops having this scheme.