1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Tips on Everyday Cleaning ...

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by lahy15, Apr 23, 2008.

1. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear IL Friends,

I would like to share some tips on Everyday Cleaning ... Hope you all find it useful and more tips are most welcome if u all would like to share too ...

Tips on Everyday Cleaning : Cleaning chores can pile up to the point where we give up before we begin. But check out these professional tips below on how to clean your house more effectively.

<TABLE id=Table8 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TD vAlign=top width="100%">Make a List : The first step in everyday cleaning is to look at each room and make a checklist of your priorities. Identify specific tasks and, as each job is completed, cross it off your list. [​IMG]Minimize Distractions :
    • Turn off the TV.
    • Let the answering machine pick up the phone.
    • Have all necessary cleaning tools in the room to avoid unnecessary trips to your cleaning closet.
    • Start at the top of a room and work your way down as you clean or straighten.
    [​IMG]Clean as You Go
    • If it’s dirty – don’t wait another week to tackle the project. It takes less time to remove fresh dirt than caked-on dirt.
    • Have all family members make their own beds.
    • Keep a hamper in every bathroom for dirty clothes. Remind your family that if they make a habit of regularly putting away their clothes or belongings, that there will be more time later for enjoyable activities.
    • Before bedtime, pick up the family room and run the dishwasher. Get a fresh start each day..
    [​IMG]Eliminate Clutter

Staying organized and getting rid of clutter can make even a dusty home look good. Some tips:
    • Regularly go through closets and cabinets to identify items that you no longer need or use.
    • Donate old clothes, appliances and furniture to charitys.
    • Keep a basket in the kitchen for the mail, newspaper and car keys so that they're always in the same place. .
    [​IMG]Room-by-Room Fresheners

Even the most-cared-for home needs an occasional deep-cleaning, so here's a simple list to help you get your home in tip-top shape. [​IMG]Kitchen:

• Wash and wax wood floors.
    • Mop vinyl floors.
    • Clean out the refrigerator and pantry.
    • Change shelf liners.
    • Straighten out the "junk" drawer.
    • Wipe down cabinets.
    [​IMG]Bathroom:

• Wash windows inside and out with a squeegee and dust-free cloths.
    • Dust the windowsill.
    • Vacuum the window well.
    <TABLE id=Table8 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0>Window treatments:

• Vacuum draperies.
    • Wash blinds.
    • Replace heavy draperies with lightweight or sheer curtains for a fresh look.
    [​IMG]Furniture:

• Polish wood furniture.
    • Vacuum cloth upholstery. Clean and condition leather upholstery.
    • Vacuum between cushions.
    • Clean behind and under sofas and cabinets.
    [​IMG]Closets:

• Assemble seldom-worn clothes and donate to charity.
    • Vacuum floors.
    • Dust shelves.
    • Hang cedar blocks to freshen and prevent moths.
    Floors:

Sprinkle baking soda on your carpeting and leave it on overnight to absorb musty odors. Vacuum in the morning.

Buy industrial-style "walk-off" mats for all entrances to cut down on tracked-in dirt.

Anytime you get the urge to clean, you can use this as your basic plan.Regards Suni :)

2. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Sunitha,

Awesome tips ! Though I follow most of these tips on a daily basis, it is nice to see these in order for room by room.

As the saying goes "Stitch in time saves time", it is better to clear clutter every now and then, instead of facing a bigger pile later on. Infact that may tend to put off the cleaning , for fear of tackling it.

One more tip for clothes, whenever we buy new dresses, it is better to dispose atleast one of two of our old items that we don't wear much..that way we also make room in our closet. It is better to take an inventory of all the clothes ( for all family members) atleast once in every 2 months, and donate clothes that are not in use.

Cheers
    Krithika (Jithiks)

3. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

scheduled and planned cleaning becomes very easy and can be done faster too.

roopa.

4. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your FB Krithika and Roopa .. Yes, it is very easy when u make cleaning in order and when u don't pile it up ... And, giving back our old clothes is really useful for poor at the same time we can arrange our wardrobe for new ones too ... I kept following these and find it easy to meet all our day to day chores ... Regards Suni :)

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

hmm.. if only I stick to the schedule then :mrgreen:

kitchen and restrooms I do it everyday.. but other things.. got to follow some discipline i guess

Thanks suni for sharing :)

6. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

You are welcome Nandhu ... Suni :)

7. rjayanthi70

rjayanthi70 New IL'ite

Thank you for the tips. How to clean the tiles in the kitchen. They become too sticky
    I am allergiic to strong odour
    Jayanthi

8. madhupreeth

madhupreeth Senior IL'ite

How systematically you have explained...
    Thank you Suni.
    regards
    Preetha

9. Chandramukhi

Chandramukhi Senior IL'ite

Hi Rjayanthi,

I clean my kicthen with a microfiber cloth and green soap. Works absolutely perfect.

10. Sunshine123

Sunshine123 New IL'ite

Great Tips. Thankyou. I clean the kitchen platform everynight by spraying bleaching liquid, made of bleaching pwder and water. This ensures that your kitchen platform is rid of bacteria!. This liquid can be sprayed in the sinks too.