1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tip Of The Iceberg

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Gauri,

You are a humble person shying away from limelight. Your weight reduction thread is one of the best examples of how a casual talk resulted in deep sense of pride in you to rigorously work out with great determination. I believe such things can happen only with someone effectively using subconscious mind. Your regular practice of meditation is another great example of a person who knows how to make best use of the tools in hand. Unfortunately, many of us in real life are not fully aware of the power of subconscious mind. The Psychologists, Psychiatrists and Forensic Scientists have made best use of subconscious mind to either solve crimes or diagnose split personality, bipolar disorder and Schizophrenia. Isn't lie detector results used by the reactions of the body based on what is stored in subconscious mind? I am not a scientists but somehow subjects that closely resemble the ancient wisdom in science resonates well with me. I honestly believe that science and philosophy converge too often of late.

Your response here is very relevant especially when I know that you specialize in Machine Learning. I am trying to compare how Machine Learning Algorithms are developed when compared to how human subconscious mind works. Isn't it true that Crunchers, Guides, Advisors, Predictors, Tacticians, Strategists, Lifters, Partners, Okays and Supervisors are the terms used for various Machine Learning Algorithms in analyzing big data in the businesses? My son works a lot in MATLAB. Every conversation with him is so interesting to me and begins my own research on Subconscious and Unconscious Mind. Even in scientific applications such as Seismic Data Processing, Molecular Modeling, Quantum Chemistry, Computational Fluid Dynamics, etc. enormous data is studied for patterns by running so many different simulations to understand the behavior of Tectonic Plates, Molecules, Chemicals and Fluids respectively.

I am sure your external knowledge of Machine Learning will help you to learn more about how your mind works and you are in a better position than most of us.

Viswa

Gauri03 likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

Interruption? To borrow the words of Cheeniya Sir, getting a FP from you is a privilege and getting a second one is a honor.

As you rightly said the words "Tip of the iceberg" means different things to different people who are in pursuit of knowledge, crime detection, philosophers, psychologists and so on. I am only scratching the surface of the mountain of knowledge that resides yet to be explored. Sometimes, a few subjects under research resonates well motivating me to write about it even if I don't comprehend the enormity of the subject.

Even determining the suspect in a criminal case or diagnosing a patient as suffering from mental disorder (as I mentioned above to Gauri in my response) when nothing is visible outside is coming from knowledge gained by the experience of people warehoused deep in their subconscious mind. Psychologist like you would know this even better than how I have articulated here.

When Smt. Jayasala says this article triggered more thinking, it means many of us here in IL are going to be treated with more and more excellent articles from you. I couldn't wait to read them. :)

Viswa

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear vishwa
    Intellectually I am no where near you or jaya and others here .this is a deep subject.but I will agree with u that the subconscious mind is very powerful. More in my pm to utoday
    Regards
    Kamal

4. Viswamitra

Dear Kamalji,

You are too humble, my friend. I know how many cancer patients walked out of Mumbai hospital after seeing your cheerful attitude post treatment. I know how well you treat your employees and how humanitarian you are in general. Those are the qualities that matter the most in life. You are a very practical man practicing right living already and you don't need to be told anything. I look forward to your PM.

Viswa

5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,

I must admit - rather sheepishly - that I came here and started reading a while ago. Mentally and physically weary as I was, I saw the tip of the iceberg and panicked thinking that it would be very difficult for me to assimilate.

Today I read it again, and like JS Ma'am says (and to alter it a bit) 'padkya padkya pidukkim'. Enjoyed reading the write-up, which was extremely interesting and to use a cliche, 'thought provoking'. :)

I am really intrigued about these theta and delta waves. I find many theta wave meditations on you tube and wonder whether they can really lead you into that state. Me being me, I can't let it go without a try and am going to try it out. Shall check out to see if there is any delta wave meditation on offer too.

@jayasala42, enjoyed reading your response too. Loved the analogy of the brass vessel with various kinds of sweets and savouries.

6. Viswamitra

Dear Satchi,

I am thrilled to see you giving a feedback to this thread despite your heavy responsibility towards FP section. Understanding the brain waves help us understand the nature we have and the nature we intend to build. Gama waves that are under research and the definition as of now is

"A gamma wave is a pattern of neural oscillation in humans with a frequency between 25 and 100 Hz, though 40 Hz is typical. According to a popular theory, gamma waves may be implicated in creating the unity of conscious perception (the binding problem)."

Theta wave meditation should lead us to the Gamma frequency hopefully. Finding the hidden potential is the purpose here and knowing it scientifically and spiritually helps us achieve the desired results.

Viswa

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  7. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra, Thanks for this amazing thread; a person like me must read and re-read this content several times to grasp at least something. I will give it a sincere try to understand and assimilate. Thanks once again.

Archanaanchan likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. Geeta (@GeetaKashyap)

Thank you for reading and responding to this thread. Please share your thoughts when you get a chance. As @Gauri03 said, we always learn from each other.

Viswa

9. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

“In real life, when we are in the simmering state of mind, the mind generates creative solutions and great insight of omniscient quality. The great psychologists and philosophers have always known that there is multi-level hierarchy to the humanmind.”

This is very true . There is some inner reserve which we dont know , which always provides the necessary strength and direction. It has different names given by different people : they call it “ Gut feeling “ or “Inspiration” or “ Divine Guidance”.
    I am reminded of the famous story of how the scientist found the structure of Benzene molecule in his dream .

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

@SCSusila,

When our mind intensely contemplate on something, it becomes a Sankalpa with significant amount of energy assigned to that thought. No matter whether it is waking or dreaming, the mind will keep processing that information and therefore, it is possible for someone to find a solution in a dream.

Viswa