1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Time To Feel Grateful

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Dec 26, 2017.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya Sir,

What a wonderful thread with loads of wisdom! Reading all the messages here makes me feel so tiny in this universe; I have so much more n more to learn.

Two of my favourite quotes express my feelings aptly:
    1. Kelavam ballavarinda kaltu_ this is an old Kannada quote from a great gyani poet Sarvagna! This means learn a few things from the people who know it ( without any ego hassles)

2. Endaro mahanubhavulu, andariki vandanamulu- (Telugu by the great poet/musician Tyagaraja)There are so many great people and my salutations to all!

Please share more such pearls of wisdom often.

Wish you a very happy and healthy, peaceful New Year.

sindmani likes this.
  2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    That's a highly motivating statement! I have been hibernating for quite some time now. 2017 has been my least productive year from my writing point of view. I twirl my moustache and run my fingers through my beard. I stare at my PC and look ot the birds flying past my side window. My mind doesn't get stirred up. Where have all my ideas gone? Is there anything that can reactivate my mind? I feel grateful for your long feedback because it makes me wake up from my mental slumber.
    That's the beauty of living in a secular nation. We are also lucky to be born in India where non believers have a long and distinguished history. The Carvaka School of 6th Century BC was an institution of non-believers. But unfortunately both believers and non believers are becoming more and more illogical of late. Believers believe that their religion is superior to others and tend to resort to violent means to establish the supremacy of their religion. Non believers too tend to spread the culture of hate and not to credible arguments to make their point. Demolishing a place of worship to establish the supremacy of another religion brings believers under bad light. This trend disturbs me a lot. Gandhiji believed deeply in God and Nehruji who was the closest to him was a non believer. We had Rajaji and Periyar in deep friendship despite difference in their belief.
    The world belongs to all. We must all endeavour to live in peace and harmony.
    A very happy New Year to you and your family Viswa!
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    It was great pleasure hearing from you after a long while. You look nice with your husband in that picture. Please convey my regards and good wishes to him.
    Everyone has his or her own style of writing and that's the beauty of communication. With 30984 posts, you are number 2 in the community with only chitvish leading you marginally. I am way down below you!
    I am proud to be your Anna!
    I wish you and Iyer a great New Year of peace, good health and chher!
    Sri

iyerviji likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

@GeetaKashyap
    Dear Geeta
    Thank you for your two quotes. The second on is my top favourite and I quote it often. It is one of Thyagaraja's Pancharatna Kritis sun by hundreds of musicians in unison on his birthday at his birthplace. I have attended this festival a few times and they were some of the best moments of my life.
    In Tamil we say 'Katradhu kaimman alavu, kallathathu ulagalavu' meaning 'what we have learnt is just the size of a handful of sand but what we are yet to learn is of the size of the Earth.
    Wish you a great New Year of incessant smiles!
    Sri

sindmani, MonikaSG and GeetaKashyap like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thank you Anna for your loving reply and good wishes. Glad you liked the photo. It's my favourite photo. will convey your wishes to my husband.bWishbyou and Manni too a very Happy New Year. Namaskaram and seek your blessings

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

That is a wonderful message as we wrap up the old year and welcome the new. Wish you and everyone at home a Happy New Year!

7. Cheeniya

@Srama
    My dear Srama
    This FB from you makes me feel like Sage Viswamitra when he was called Brahmarishi by none other than Sage Vasishta.
    A very happy New Year to you and your family. May God bless you with a life of total fulfillment!
    Sri

sindmani and Srama like this.
  8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mr Cheeniya,
    Enjoyed reading your post. The caption attracted me as soon as I logged in IL after a break of a few days.
    It was really time for me also to feel grateful. After the rain episode of my DH there was another great shocker on 27th December. He told me that he was feeling too weak and was having intermittent chest pain. Instantly I called my daughter and we took him to our family doctor. He was gasping for breath when we reached the nursing home and was immediately put on oxygen mask and was given a shot. ECG, Echo Cardiogram and all other tests were taken. He was in the nursing home for three days and was discharged on 29th. The doctor told that we took him to the nursing home at the right time and so a major crisis averted.
    Now he is fine and energetic and he was advised not to stress too much. Tomorrow is the review and hope for a positive report after the medication.
    A Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year to you and your loved ones!
    PS

MonikaSG likes this.
  9. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

BeLieving in a supernatural power that guides our lives or not believing in it is a matter of personal choice and taste . And it should be kept at that personal level only and not made into a badge of pride or Identity . At the basic level all of us are just humans and we need to divert attention to making ourselves as much Humane as possible.
    As you have pointed out there are people who have risen above their creed , classification and colour to become extraordinary human beings . They deserve our salute,remembrance and following .
    If not throughout the year , at least this one day , when we say Happy New Year . Lets remember great personages , whoever they are . Andariki Happy , gratitude filled , wishes.

sindmani, Cheeniya and MonikaSG like this.
  10. Cheeniya

@PushpavalliSrinivasan
    Dear PS
    The news about your husband's health was quite worrisome. I hope he is perfectly alright now and the medical review confirms it. My prayers for his excellent health.
    Wish you both a HEALTHY and happy New Year.
    Sri