1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

Your words are what I need the most
    Thank u a lot for the suggestions
    I can't work much during office hours but as u said I'm trying to add few steps here and there.
    You are correct in analysing my time slot. I was trying to add too many tasks into a short span.
    In fact all I did was make dinner and eat. Make a phone call and relax.
    Took me almost that much Time to rejuvenate.:smash2:

kkrish likes this.
  2. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

3. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Thank you @kkrish mam on how to add extra steps. It opened my eyes today. During the holidays I couldn't make more steps as I was in the house cleaning and decluttering. In those days my active heart beat was high consistently so my calories burnt was satisfactory. But now I see from you calculation how a 5 mins walk here and there would make a difference. Thank you

KashmirFlower and kkrish like this.
  4. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

@coffeecups

I read some great suggestions from Kkrish mam and others..I will add mine too, I have full-time job, 2 kids and travelling DH so you might got a picture that how my week will be packed. I plan meal for 3 days/week over weekend, that is I make some extra quantity of curry over weekend and save a portion of it in individual boxes in fridge for mon, tues and wed lunch, then I cook something for thursday and friday on wed evening. I make idli/dosa multipurpose batter, mixed chapati flour for 3days that makes my bf/dinners easy. This way I can have early dinner without eating junk, can spend my time with kids in the evening, can workout.

If you dont prepare curries, you can cut the veggies while watching a movie over weekend.

dont stress out, little planning and execution makes it easy, go with flow, there will lot more to add in future.

Kkrish Mam, this is one of the threads I religiously follow though I dont post much.

Thanks
    Sravani

5. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Thank you, @Madhumagie. I'll try this. :)

Madhumagie likes this.
  6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Thank you, @kkrish. I'll hunt down that link, too. :)

This is really good to know. In spring and autumn, onions often get moldy before I get around to using them. :facepalm:

@jskls had shared this link with me earlier, if you're interested.

kkrish, Madhumagie and jskls like this.
  7. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the recipes.
    I prepared excess dough this time to last for 3 days as I make only 2 rotis for lunch daily. Put the excess dough in a steel box and put in the refrigerator.
    Now my doubts are
    Should I freeze and thaw the dough or refrigerator is fine? ( If I make for 3 days)

kkrish likes this.
  8. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

I always suggest go for fresh dough .. max morning dough can be used for dinner too.

It hardly takes 2 - 3 mins to make dough..

Eat as fresh as possible..

9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi @coffeecups
    You can freeze the dough if you will be using it later than a week. You can keep the dough in the fridge if you are using it by 3 days. Make sure to smear the surface of the dough with oil so that it does not dry out.

Please do what it takes to make you less stressed. Don't do stuff because kkrish or others say so.
    Each of us is different and have different abilities to handle stress.

This thread's purpose is to pick and choose what will work and ignore those that will not work for any individual.

I am not sure if this is the first time you are going to work.
    If so, it is a major change from the life you had led earlier and it takes time to adjust to the 8+ hours that go away from your earlier days.

Take that into account.
    Remember - It is not possible to do all the stuff that you did before joining the workforce.
    If you are reasonably able to provide meals (do not worry about fresh food, home-made etc. - get food from outside or eat out once in a while if that will help), have clothes to wear, home is reasonably clean, get at least 5,000 steps a day - that is good enough for now. Maintain that for a few months till you get adjusted to this new routine.

Go easy on yourself.

Once this new routine becomes second nature, you will be able to work towards other goals - It takes time.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Amica and jskls like this.