1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

My dear Krish and other dearies who contribute to this thread

Every day's a perfect gift of time for us to use. Hours waiting to be filled in any way we choose. Each morning brings a quiet hope that rises with the sun. Each evening brings the sweet content that comes with work well done.

After a long time I am coming to this thread. I dont do much cleaning nor I do any exercise so nothing to write here but sometimes read the posts here and admire you all for the great work you all are doing. Your parents must be proud of all of you just as Krish is proud to have started this thread. Three cheers to all of you

5 people like this.
  2. snega_saravanan

snega_saravanan New IL'ite

3. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Mam!!And done it :thumbsup
    Came to know that you were not well...please take care of yourself mam...Whenever feel down,both physically or mentally read some books, watch your garden you would get energized...just 2 cents...

Thank you Aki.And am eager to see the neatly organized kitchen..so plz post it da...

And thank you Manju,Shara,doors,abigail,Latha for all your words and likings..

Shara, this is for you..A outside view...

Attached Files:

12 people like this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijikka
    Thank you for stepping in and giving such a sweet feedback. Your blessing is all that we youngsters need! Your visit here is akin to that. So don't worry about not posting anything here.

Dear Snega
    Welcome! Glad you find this a good read :)

Dear Prana
    Thanks for posting the front of your home. It looks beautiful with tress around it. Wishing you and your family a very happy, prosperous, and happy life in your home.
    I have a lot of things to do lined up for today.
    Will provide my update later.

Have a great day.
    Kamala

1 person likes this.
  5. doors

doors Gold IL'ite

@kkrish mam,

I read too many threads around all the forums but participate only in this..Somehow I feel the connect to share :)
    Nice to read your morning routine ...Images of sambhar,vazhakkai were running around in my mind as I read.

@prana,
    Such a lovely house da...
    May you have a happy happy life in the nest of yours!

My updates:

Decluttering decluttering was the mantra for me for the weekend
    Along with some dusting and cleaning of grills/shelves/stove and sinks
    Scrubbed the floor tiles of bathroom
    Taps are waiting to be cleaned!

and above all, My parents have come to stay for 2 months to take care of my lil one.
    So I was overjoyed to have them stay after a long time.
    But I see that my work increases when my mom is around :),...before I get shouting from her I run around and
    declutter everything. My MIL pampers me and makes me lazy ..hehe..

Just wanted to share this :
    This new year has brought in lot of changes in myself as a person.
    I never used to care much on dressing or my looks, but after a lot of thoughts/situations/meeting people..
    I started pampering myself, dressing up, getting a nice hair cut ,looking after myself.
    It has boosted my confidence crazily and people have started noticing me.
    Feeling of stress has reduced and I am able to face things with a smile .
    I never knew this would bring in so much of difference but it has and I am happy :)

7 people like this.
  6. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,
    My quick updates here and will response for posts in the evening.

Last Friday we left to Madurai where my uncle's sashtiapthapoorthi took place on Saturday. My DS attended his half a day school as he didn't wanted to take off, directly came to Egmore had his lunch at station and boarded the train. As he feels that we are not still treating him grown up, I let him do this. Myself and DD went to Tambaram and boarded Vaigai express. Funny part is till I met him I had to update both Grand parents and DH as to where he was. Had taken an ongoing project of crochet to while away my time. Spent leisure time with kids, talking to co-passengers, crochetting. By Thursday I had packed the luggage. Did very simple cooking on Friday so that I kept the kitchen clean as my DH also stayed at his parents place for two days. Called milk man to stop milk for two days which is a very important task while going out of station. By 10 pm, we had reached home, had curd rice as we had enough of snacks in the train.

Saturday was the function, we all thoroughly enjoyed being there. My DD had company, DS had a change of routine. Since the function took place at home, they had arranged a lady to cook for all as there were only few people. But I wondered that the few were around 35 people on each of two days, cooking was handled by one single lady. On Saturday I took the part of serving breakfast and lunch, of course my cousins were there to help me. In the evening we all around 17 people went to Meenakshi temple, had good dharshan. Spent time sitting in the steps of tank there. Since that day was my cousin's birthday too along with her father she gave us a treat in a hotel. Then we all went back home.

Sunday got up at 4.30 took bath woke up my kids told them to get ready, packed and we were ready by 5.45am. My uncle dropped us at station. Came back by Vaigai around 2.30 pm. We had our food in the train. DH picked us up in station. Came home, had a good sleep. Then around 5 pm went to buy dress for my DD and gifts to her class mates and teachers to give on her birthday which falls on 15th. Chocolates Not allowed In School. Since we had tiffin while going, on the way back we had ice cream for dinner.

Today, back to routines. After sending off all, while talking on phone to my m-i-l, friend and parents who came only today morning late by 3 hours, all for around 2 hours, cleaned the counter top, cleaned the freezer, packed the cooking powder in ziplock covers separately, arranged in freezer, soaked for batter, cleaned two toilets, unpacked the suitcase, restored things where it belongs. Then took bath, power cut. Now in IL, waiting for power to resume. Will have lunch now. Things to do after lunch - grind batter, knead chapathi dough, buy veggies for a week, to get madurai malli, which my mother brought. To do these things after I get my tempting nap before kids arrive.

As I felt very happy on this trip, here I am sharing with all my friends here in detail. Hope I have not deviated as I gave details of how well I was able to while away:rotfl

Regards
    Manjukps

5 people like this.
  7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hello doors
    Thanks for that compliment!
    As for me I go to snippets because that's were I started writing first and then this thread. I used to go to crafts section whenever time permits just to see the lovely handiwork created by our IL members.
    BTW I saw the movie NKPK - it was very nice. So very different from the regular masala movies.

So you are de-cluttering! Very good. I must begin too. The weather has just turned warm here after a very long cold season. So I have a lot of work outside and inside the home with spring cleaning.

I am very happy about your change. Yes, taking care of yourself is very important. that really gives you confidence. Folks will respect those who respect themselves.
    One does not have to spend too much money on make-up and expensive clothes - Simple low-key make up, very very light jewelry, well groomed hair, and well-pressed clothes (even a simple cotton dress should be ironed) is all it takes to give a good first impression.
    That said, be happy inside ...that will sure reflect in your eyes and your face will sparkle making others around you happy.

Dear Manju
    I enjoyed the trip with you to Madurai.
    My, you have so much to catch up after coming home. But I am sure the relaxed day with family must have energized you.

Yesterday my hubby left for a conference. It also happens to be where my elder son lives. So I was busy cooking meals for him and vacuum packing them.
    Dropped my husband at the airport and then he called saying the flight was delayed. So went to the website to check and called my son to inform him. By the time my hubby reached it was 11 pm.
    While waiting I was working online.

Today my main job is to mow the lawn! It looks horrible and unkepmt. If I have time hopefully I can do some weeding too. This will take care of my cleaning and exercise part.
    Because it is just me today cooking is almost zero...going to use leftovers.

After my yard work I have to see what else can be done this week...planning yet again.

Have a great week everyone.

Love
    K

4 people like this.
  8. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@KK,
    So happy to see you are finally out of the health troubles and resuming regular activities. You deserve the compliment from one of our senior IL. You was put in such a great effort into it and is certainly commendable. My sincere thanks to you and to all on this thread who have made it possible!

@ Prana,
    Beautiful house!! so happy for you da :)
    I will try to post the pics later this week... I am yet to take them;-)

@Doors,
    Darling! soooo very happy to see you are taking care of yourself and that is boosting your confidence and reducing your stress as well!!

@Manju,
    Such a wonderful trip!! totally enjoyed it along with you :)

2 people like this.
  9. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

yep! I long for this occasion as it cannot or will not happen for any other occasion. That too I always wish my anniversary to be on weekend. As Kamala looks for her birthday in the new calender first thing I see is our anniversary. About your dishyums with hubby, I was just smiling, thinking you will get through as you will realize it is just a phase.
    Everything else can wait. Take care of your health. Don't strain till you are completely alright. But sometimes we get alright only when we start doing our routines.

[/QUOTE]

cute little ones. They really watch our every action.
    The fact is I got motivated by posting here. When I read all working women's post here lot of self analyzing took place. Lot of changes in my attitude also. Now I don't expect any recognition from my family members. It is all given by the family here in this thread. Though we have not seen each of the members here it seems like we are all long time friends. I am honored by your words.
    Apt quote as usual viji aunty. You have crossed age and this is the time you need to fulfill your wishes other than driven by others requirements

WELCOME SNEGA

I have also experienced this. I was very depressed when I decided that I am never going for another job. My DH motivated me a lot to build my confidence and he used to pamper me with dresses, he helped me a lot to regain myself.

Happy that you enjoyed. Yes. Meeting relatives and visiting our old holiday spot (UNCLE'S home), getting nostalgic have always been an energizer, but I missed my siblings and two other cousins with whom we used to play

Hi Prana . Lovely house. I like the big platform in which you can put nice big kolam. God bless you with all goodness of life to you and your wonderful family.

Hi Akila,
    Happy that you enjoyed my trip. Though it was just one full day, it is a memorable one.

Thank you all the motivators here. This thread has made lot of positive changes in everybody's life I am sure.

Catch up with you all with my updates in my next post.

Thank for "LIKES" for my previous posts.

Regards
    Manjukps

5 people like this.
  10. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

I was very busy for the last two weeks as my father passed away on 28th of March. We are totally shaken and hard to digest.

Regards,
    Sound