Time is Money : Share your idea of saving time

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by sonal1611, Sep 19, 2012.

1. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

To All Beautiful ladies here ,

When we say Time is money .... :coffee why dont we share tips which save our time .. and yes it can be of any form in WIDEST range... from household acitivites to any not so useful activity .. Can we have 1 time saving tips from everyone so that we can have 1000's of them together :thumbsup .. I am just looking forward for those tips.. Till then Cya :):)

2. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

1) Always pay ur bills on time. Most of bills always generate on timely basis ( Monthly/quarterly) . We can mark those dates in calendar upfront so that we can avoid lates fees . And also when everything is going online, why not pay it online :thumbsup

3. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

2) Go for grocery shopping once in month. Buy generic products.Always look for deals on grocery items. Buy non perishable items in bulk. We can have only one shopping list which can be used multiple times. So time will be saved for preparing list. Of course, we need few months to prepare that single list . But once prepared ,its worth to use same all the times . Shopping once in month will surely save money on petrol /gas as well. Can be checked for online grocery shopping too. Many food marts now display there sale items on weekend newspaper too..

4. Belovedsister

Belovedsister Bronze IL'ite

boil several dal(cereals) at a tym n keep in freezer..!! n use it whenever needed!!
    it saves time, gas n energy!!!
    make sure u use it with in a week..:)

1 person likes this.
  5. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

4) Always switch off lights/equipments if not in use , even If U r going away from that place for less than 10 min.
    This will surely help u to save money as well as conserve electricity. Imagine for such 10 mins outing of past 1 year.
    5) Swap and share Magazines/Books/Movie DVD/CD with friends/neighbors. It will help you to build relation with them and allow u to save money. We mostly read book/novels only once , same apply to movies too. This will surely save your time and money as U didnt need to go to buy new novels every time .
    6)If u r working , ALWAYS try to bring lunch box to your work place , if not possible daily at least start with 3 times in a week. 1 breakfast + 1 lunch +1 evening snacks + 1/2 juice . How much it will cost you.

dc24 likes this.
  6. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

7. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

8) get more organized : U can have 2 - 3 files to organize ur bills like Monthly / Half yearly /Yearly basis and yes one file too keep those Paid bills . So that in time of emergency when u need those Payment receipts , you may need not to look everywhere for bills.
    Same applied to online , We can have 2 - 3 folders in mail box. One for pending task , One for Paid bills / Policy Payment receipts and other to keep for long term. Keeping everything in Inbox may not suffice the requirement.

8. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

Make your own make-up: Going homemade face masks and exfoliants will help save money as a lot of big brands charge huge amounts of money for their products. Instead of spending Rs 100 on a face mask that is made with a scary list of items that you can’t pronounce, why not mash up a banana and slather on, with a couple of slices of cucumber for your eyes? It makes for an amazing face mask and has just saved you a load. Exfoliating with used coffee grinds is great for the skin and should help diminish those cellulite dimples as caffeine is the active ingredient used in lots of fancy cellulite creams.

I have copied this from one of the money saving site.

9. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

Phone/Mobile/internet utilization : Traditional bill plans are always costly . Try to topup / recharge with schemes which u use mostly. Like SMS plans or Per minute bill plan which cost some where around 25 -
    30 paise per minute.. Same applied to internet usage. Always change plan as per ur usage. Previously I m using Reliance data card which cost me 850 rs monthly which is one of the postpaid plan and checked my data card usage , I m hardly using for 350 rs on monthly basis. I simply changed it to prepaid and recharge it with 350 rs plan. This way I saved somewhere around 500 rs which didnt even cost me any thing. Always look for options as per ur utilization.

10. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

We can do many beauty parlor activities at home and yes , with that quality only and with one time investment. Also , there r so many electronics items available which can be used to do Waxing , threading at home. Waxing can be done using any branded epilators (philips , panasonic , braun) and similarly threading and trimming can be done using trimmers (philips , panasonic , braun). This will allow u to do things as per ur convenience and will save ur time for taking appointment and going to parlor and with high hygiene.

dc24 likes this.