1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Time and tide wait for no man!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Dec 31, 2014.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

This is a very simple, clear and self-explanatory proverb. It means that time and tide do not wait for anybody. Time goes on passing without caring for anybody and anything. Similarly tides occur ; they have no regard or consideration for anybody.

Time and tide are natural phenomena. Like other agents of nature, they too have no consideration and regard for any individual. Man cannot change their course. They are beyond the control of human hands.

Men may come and men may go, but time stays and another quality of time is uniformity and impartial nature. Both for the wealthiest and poorest time works at the same pace. None can bring back the time which has elapsed.

We have come to the end of year 2014 and at the thresh hold of year 2015.

Some might feel the year was dragging and those who keep themselves engaged might feel the year has passed very quickly. As for me the year was filled with pleasant things like celebrating the GG D's birthday, our second son coming back in India, and we had visited temples and religious places which really gave a kind of bliss and ecstasy.

The last week was spent in attending spiritual discourse of Sri Velukudi's Taithriya upanishad.

Wish all our friends "A Very HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

:party:party

sindmani, iyerviji, kkrish and 3 others like this.

2. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Nice snippet and a timely one too as the year is switching over. For us it was hectic too. Just feels like 2014 just started and here it is ending. Time doesn't differentiate between a raja or a runk. One thing i had read somewhere that for people who want to work, they always have time. if you ask them for help, they find time and help out. for those who don't want to work, they never have time. If you ask them for help, they will always have some excuse or the other. I have seen this to be true many times.

Happy New Year to you.

3. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Dear Puspha Mam,

Oh yes! time is fleeting, but leaves its everlasting foot prints in our sands of life.
    some beautiful and some not-so good memories but lots of promises and hope for a great tomorrow. That make life so intriguing rite?
    Have a wonderful new year and let it bring lots of love, happiness & good health into your life!

4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Akanksha,
    Thanks for posting the first FB with your sweet comments.
    As you have said, people who do not want to work would say that they don' t have time or some other excuse. If they have the helping tendency somehow they will find time.
    PS

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear PS
    Our Scriptures tell us of instances when Time and Tide have waited for highly virtuous people. Virtue has such power even over forces of Nature. It is difficult to emulate such persons in the modern times but let us at least bear their lives in mind so that our lives can have a positive impact on those around us with whom we interact at various levels.

I wish you and your DH a very happy, healthy and peaceful New Year!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Neetu,
    Thanks for your good wishes.
    Yes, we do have some beautiful and good moments, and also not so good moments, but we have to take it in our strides and move on with a positive thinking for the future.

PS

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Mr Cheeniya,
    Thanks for reminding me that time and tide waited according to our scriptures for highly virtuous people. They had divine qualities and so they were able to do it.

Thanks a lot for your good wishes and we also wish you and your family "A very happy new year!"

PS

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear PS,

Wishing u a very happy new year with yr dear family.Yes time waits for no one, years come and go, and we go grey and old eh !

Regards

kamal

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear PS Ma'm,

You say it is a simple and self explanatory proverb and I couldn't stop smiling :biggrin2: Every one most certainly is always going about how they do not have enough time! Just yesterday I was in a class explaining time through the yugas to the current concept of time. Time will tell if I got any concept out of it or not at all! I was reminded of the Mahabharata series where time opens with "Mein Samay hoon" - the story is narrated by time because he is the witness to everything every where - precise and impartial!

It is wonderful read when you say that you had a lovely last year. Very nice feeling. It made me think back.

Wish you and your family a Happy New year!

2 people like this.
  10. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Dear PS,
    Yes you are right. Time just flies.For me it was like a roller coaster ride. Change of place, change of job, Buying a new house, lots of visitors from India and going around places. It wasnt easy, had to go through lots of ups and downs. But at the end all went well.

I wish you and all friends a happy new year !!:party