1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Tilting or Regular TableTop(non-Tilting) Wet Grinder?...your suggestions please!!

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by swaran, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Jayg

Jayg New IL'ite

do not know much about tilting grinder but the butterfly three stone grinder is faster than the ultra two stone.

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot jayg :)....

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ladies...

Thanks for all your help....

Yesterday i went and purchased ULTRA 2L WET GRINDER-cost Rs6200...

neither is it 3stoned one nor it could be tilted..and i wanted to try butterfly....But the reason for which i got convienced with ultra are these

(1)ULtra wetgrinder's motors are made by GE(imported) whereas the any other/every other grinder brand including butterfly uses a normal motor...
    (2)The service of Ultra is almost zero and customer service is very good.The Ultra grinder's person will come to our house and address our complaints.
    (3)Eventhough butterfly has 3 stones,at the end of grinding, the motor becomes super heat(i see this as a red flag)...
    (4)we would not be able to get duplicate spare parts for ultra...whereas in case of even butterfly,it is possible to get a duplicate one...i mean if the grinding vessel gets damaged,we can easily get the spare from any place but the same is not possible with ultra...we ll have to go to the direct dealer...so no duplicate :)

For these reasons i went ahead with Ultra...my mom uses ultra since close to 10+ years(or even more) now...so i also know about ultra...

thanks ladies...

2 people like this.
  4. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Orion
    Whats the capacity of the 3 stone grinder, is it a table top model and any idea on approx cost

My DH will be visiting Chennai this Wed and will be buying a Wet grinder on his way to the airport. He has been suggested Sonwbhagya Brand, seems there is a new product called Sowbhagya Ayush.. Has anyone used this? any exp other wise with Sowbhagya brands in general?

He hasnt seen a wet grinder before, hence will need all my inputs for the purchase

5. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Sorry, but I had to smile :)

6. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

yep...some things that we as South Indians take for granted...

but DH is from the north...so no such concept ...

7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swaran...
    Its been 4 months since you bought Ultra grinder will you please update about the product.. Is it good hows the product are you satisfied?? Is there any tips you like to tell us...

Thank You

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,

Thanks VJB for reminding me
    i wanted to update but then somehow dint find time...

this grinder is good till now...grinding time is good,faster...it is kind of good...
    the only prob that i found and also my mil told was that it makes lot of noise :bonk

other than that,cleaning and all is fine...no troubles

9. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Hi SSM,

This is a table top model, 2 lts capacity. It has been 6yrs since we purchased it. No idea of price at this time.

I have heard good reviews about Sowbhagya brand. One of my neighbor purchased it few months ago.

10. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite