Thyriod

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by MYLUV, Aug 6, 2013.

1. MYLUV

MYLUV Senior IL'ite

My Bp is 140/100.My TSH is 3.17....will it affect my baby.... this is my second baby...my thyroid dr has advised me to diet will it affect my baby....

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

You must control your thyroid levels, and BP levels. I do not know what diet is suitable for thyroid except the medication. I am sure they allow you to take your regular thyroid medicine when you are pregnant too. Pls consult your doctor before deciding on anything.

For the BP, you need rest as well as dieting is a must.

High BP like this during pregnancy might affect the baby.. but again your doctor is the better person to advice on this

Don't delay, don't depend on on-line medical advises when you have some serious issues like this during pregnancy.

3. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

As per my doc, you can still continue taking thyroid control tablets during the preganancy and chances are very less to that new born will affect. Thyroid tablets are just sodium intake, so need to worry . But , always your doc is best to suggest.

Thanks

4. mail2dee

mail2dee Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I got my tsh report yday. It says 3.85 uiU/ml. Next to it, the lab reference value says, for adults yhe normal range is .2 to 4.2uiU/ml. As per the lab, mine comes under normal. But looking at the post, I have a question if I have thyroid problem. Please letme know if I have thyroid?

My,appointment with doc is only next week.....

5. MYLUV

MYLUV Senior IL'ite

Is my thyro tab a culprit for my bp (120/90) m 10 wk pregnant