Thursday Special

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by iyerviji, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

This is so true. But I had not done that in the last 20 years. Thanks for kindling such a long long ago memory. Nellikkai (Gooseberry) creates such an amazing effect on the palate.

The same thing happens when eating something called "sea cucumber"; something that can be harvested from estuary waters. After chewing it, and swallowing, drinking a glass of water makes the water taste sweet, as well as colder than it should be. Modifies the palate so much !!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Molagootal is a wholesome meal .. Fibre from veggies ,proteins from dhal and other sort or essential nutrients from coconut. Thr tadka is given in coconut oil which just enhances the taste of molagootal.
    When mixed with a carbohydrate source ,rice makes it a wholesome meal.

Off course side dishes like arachukalakki help is digestion process of the wholesome meal.
    Having an extra serving or rasam rice won't cause harm and we can skip the curd rice as arachukallakki already does what a curd is supposed to do.
    Finish with a cup a butter milk in case if you don't feel complete after skipping the curd rice.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    Thyagarajan and Amulet like this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

This is the first I’m hearing of arachukalakki. It looks like mor-kozhambu. Is it a Palakkad speciality and would someone please share a recipe?

iyerviji, Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Yes it's a palakkad side dish. My MIL makes it.
    Recipe shared by amulet in comments above .

iyerviji, Thyagarajan and MalStrom like this.