1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thriller: The Ultimate Choice

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Tamrakshar, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

When a lady, who is in her prime, does not get her dues from her husband, I am afraid, she is prone to extra marital affairs! Anyways, thanks for your feedback!

Riverstream likes this.
  2. Tamrakshar

Episode 5
    The experience of shopping with Rajan had never been good for Archana. Like other girls, Archana also took time to settle for her choice, whether it was cloth or jewellery. During that time, Rajan looked like a cat on a hot roof. He would look at his watch after every two minutes, he would tell Archana to hurry up numerous times, and he would make all kinds of sounds of frustration.

But, this guy, Siddharth seemed to be a different kettle of fish. In fact, he helped her in making decisions. When the salesman asked about the measurement of finger, Siddharth took her hand said, "Just like your finger Archu!"

"Really?" Archana was surprised, nevertheless, she liked the warm touch of Siddharth's hand. The gesture looked very romantic to Archana. She wished Siddharth knew about her birthday!

"Now what? Let's go home?" Archana asked after they came out from Tiffany.

"Don't you feel a bit hungry? I am feeling very hungry Hon. What's your favourite restaurant?"

When Archana was a student, only a few hours of studies would have made her tired and hungry. Later on, Archana learned that studying might not be a physical exercise, but it was quite taxing for brain. And this shopping? It was both physical and mental, Archana thought. That was probably the reason, every time she shopped for more than a couple of hours, she always felt very hungry. That day was no exception. It seemed like a lot of angry rats were marching in her stomach! But being a lady, she thought it was a tad inappropriate to point out a fact that would make her look like a foodie.

So, she caught the proposal with both hands! She said, " I like McCormick & Schmick's restaurant."

"Oh you like McCormick? Today, I will take you to Purple Pig, and I promise you will not forget the food in long time." Siddharth generally agreed with Aarchana. But, regarding restaurant he seemed to have his own idea.

"What's their speciality Sid?"

"You told me Archu, you love pig preparations. Don't you?"

Thinking about anything other than non-vegetarian was a taboo for Archana before her marriage. She hailed from an upper-caste family, who never indulged in any non-vegetarian food; even egg had never entered their kitchen! But, Rajan had no such inhibitions. Beef was a cheap source of high quality protene for a poor family like Rajan's. Initially, Archana had fights with Rajan about non-veg foods entering her kitchen. Rajan didn't force his views on Archana, but he said, "I will not change my food habit."

Rajan, himself was a very good cook. He used to prepare his non-veg items after Archana finished her cooking. Archana was a non-drinker, too. Drinking was not totally unfamiliar to her, as the male members of her family drank on special occasions. But drinking by females was considered as a sin by them. But, Rajan being an important member of his software programming team, he could not bunk the weekly parties. It was customary for wives to accompany their husbands.

It didn't take too long for Archana to acquire a few female friends, all wives of colleagues of Rajan, and Boy, didn't Archana need them?! At last, she could talk to some people. These friends were not teetotaler like her, and it took no time for them to convert Archana to their fold. When one main inhibition goes away, how long can the others stay? Archana's other inhibitions, also, fell like ninepins. Only when Archana tasted non-veg food, she realised what delights she was missing for no reason! Archana was a tad hesitant to eat pork or beef, but when she saw the Brahmin ladies were having no hesitations in taking these two tasty meat items, Archana threw her remaining resistance.

Duck Sausage, Milk Braised Berkshire Shoulder and Octopus A La Plancha were the only three items that Siddharth ordered, and these were the items that Archana had never tasted. When the food was served, Archana pounced on them, and devoured the palatable stuff in no time. She thanked Siddharth for this treart.

"No thanks Hon! In fact, I should thank you for pulling me out of the quagmire. Let's go back to your home. I want to have a cup of coffee before I leave."

Around 3-30 PM they came home. Rajan wouldn't come before 8 PM. Archana was in no mood to release Siddharth. In fact, she was in a mischievous mood. Siddharth had brought colour in her otherwise dull life; he had given a reason for her to live. He seemed to be an ardent admirer of her. She had been a very conservative woman. But, Rajan's constant ignoring made her desperate. Today, she wanted to do something that would liberate her crying desires, that would do some justice to her womanhood.

Siddharth was damn surprised to see two glasses of wine instead of two cups of hot cappuccino. Archana placed one bottle of Via Collina Dolcetto d’Alba, Langhe and one bottle of WhistlePig on the glass table. She placed a bottle of cold water, too on the table.

"No soda, dear!"

"You and wine! Really?" Siddharth's jaw dropped a bit, as he had never seen Archana with drinks.

"For you, Sid! Don't you like to guzzle this particular brand of whiskey?" Archana winked, as she was in a very naughty mood.

Siddharth untied the knots of his tie, and unbuttoned a couple buttons of his shirt.

"Archu, can you lower the temperature by a couple of degrees?"

Archana liked his nervousness to the core as she complied with his request.

Archana took the red wine, while Siddharth was relishing the whiskey. Siddharth had been a whiskey lover for long, and he had a very strong mind not to get drunk easily. But Archana never drank more than a couple of pegs in the parties. When they were done with 4 pegs, Archana got completely inebriated, and lost control.

Siddharth could sense that. He said, "No more drinks for you Hon! You are going to get out of control. "

To be continued

3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

It is Rajan's fault or whatever the reasons, Archana, is going in wrong direction. I wish she could know forum like IL. J/K

Tamrakshar likes this.
  4. Tamrakshar

Thanks Mistt for your feedback! Wait for Wednesday night to see what path Archana chooses.

Mistt likes this.
  5. Tamrakshar

Episode 6

"Don't stop me Sid! My life is a virtual hell. No joy in it. Let me have some joy for this day, at least!" Archana's eyes had become already red and broody.

"In that case, wine is not the solution. But, I am sure you will like this!"

Archana hadn't lost all her senses by then. She became curious, and said, "What?"

Siddharth took the diamond ring and placed it on Archana's left ring finger. Archana's eyes got wide open, she could not understand what was happening! Then Siddharth took the gift packet, and gave it to Archana saying,

"Happy Birthday Honey! Don't ask how I knew it."

Tears rolled down on Archana's cheeks. She had no more hesitation in deciding that Siddharth was the man destined for her.

Siddharth didn't know how to react when Archana's luscious red lips locked with his. It came all of a sudden. He was a vigorous young man. His blood started to boil. He didn't know how to react to this.

There was a huge conflict between his heart and brain. Despite being an eligible bachelor, Sid had never been so close to any girl. He had a few girlfriends over the years, but it had never been physical, even to extent of hugging and kissing. He started this relationship with Archana very casually. He never imagined that it could result in such romantic but precarious situation. His heart was telling him to give in to Archana's burning desires.

But his brain was saying otherwise. Beside being his senior colleague in the company, Rajan was almost like his elder brother. He helped Sid a lot when he came to the US for the first time. He guided him during his early days in the company like a godfather. When he first saw Archana, he thought of her as nothing but his bhavi. He knew she was at least, five years older than him. But, the situation changed over the years.

Sid realized that there was a huge problem in the conjugal relationship between Rajan and Archana, and if anyone was to be blamed for that it was his dear Rajan bhaia. It didn't escape Sid's astute eyes that Archana was getting aloof from life. Her health deteriorated, and on certain occasions she looked suicidal to him. Only at that juncture, he thought of helping her.

When you sit idle, you don't have anything exciting to do, time always seems to stop. Even passing of a minute takes eons. But, when you need time dearly, you are in hurry to finish something within time limit, you find the speed of the clock has increased. Quite amazing, ain't It? Rajan was in desperate need of time. His boss gave him 6 months to find a suitable new job. But to Rajan's utter dismay, 6 months passed like 6 hours. He found himself in a situation that he dreaded the most.

He didn't break the news at home. He didn't break his normal routine, either. He frantically searched for a new job. He threw all his hesitations to join a job whose remuneration was not commensurate to his experience and qualification. He had one such opening a few months ago. So, he applied there again. But, he was aghast to know that the position had already been filled.

Much of Rajan's savings were in stocks, bonds and debentures. Apart from that, he had invested heavily in real estate in his home town in India. He had always kept very meager amount of liquid money at banks. His salary was credited to his bank account, and the monthly expenses were debited from that account with the help of cards. That money in his savings account dried up as quickly as a bottle of water would vanish in a desert.

The failure to get a suitable new job, coupled with the anxieties of making both ends meet, made him 6 years older in just 6 months. After repeated failures, one fine day, he decided that he could not bear the torture of failures any more. He even thought of fleeing from life. That would end all his agonies. He thought that he had been a pious man, who never committed any sin knowingly. Therefore, he was sure of landing in heaven, where he would enjoy blissful time.

On the fateful day, when he was unceremoniously given the pink slip, he didn't return home after the office was over. Instead he went to the ground floor of the 26-storeyed office building, where the canteen was situated. This was the place where he had plenty of good memories. The waiter didn't know that this was his last day in the office. He was a tad surprised to see him at this odd hour. A few young people came here after office to drink beer. But, Rajan was never part of that gang.

Rajan avoided the crowd, and sat in a corner. In midst of the noisy conversations and occasional enthusiastic cheers of the young crowd, the Pakistani waiter came to him and asked, "What should I bring for you? This is beer time. But, you never drink beer."

"Well Sohail, this is a special day. You know what? Something special happened to me today. I will not tell you right now. But, today I want to celebrate. Please bring a bottle of whiskey for me."

Rajan knew that he needed some courage, which he would never gather in normal situation.

Sohail winked and handed him a bottle of whiskey and a bottle of soda. Rajan didn't hurry. He believed in the saying that one should drink his whiskey nice and slow. Rajan drank almost 200 ml of whiskey over an hour.

The closer time for the canteen was over, and he had no other option but to stop. But, by that time, he got the kick that he desperately needed. He was ready. He entered the the lift, and pressed the top 25th floor button. A guard in blue uniform was sitting there. There was a beautiful garden at the roof, and throughout the day, many people visited there.

"What?" The guard asked rudely to see a visitor at this odd hour.

"A photo of the sunset! My wife loves it." Rajan had no hesitation in telling a fact that was not a lie either.

"Sorry, time is over! Come tomorrow." The guard was preparing to lock the door.

"One second Fred, just one second! This is very important. I will be back within 5 minutes."

Rajan handed him a 100 dollar note. The guard might not have known Rajan, as he saw many people everyday. But, Rajan, having visited here on many occasions, knew him. But, he was not sure whether this taciturn guy could be bribed or not!

To be continued on Saturday night

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@Tamrakshar
    Well written and interesting, too. At least Rajan should have told his situation to Archana and vice versa. I have couple of guesses but Let's see what is going to happen.

Tamrakshar likes this.
  7. Tamrakshar

Thanks Mistt for your comment! I agree with you that lack of communication is the worst enemy for a happy conjugal relationship.

Mistt likes this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Mr. T, thread is too calm. Little turbulence is prescribed. So some random thoughts below....
    Two quibbles with the above observation:
    - prone to EMA due to not getting dues from spouse happens to both, lady and man.
    - can happen to any lady, not just in her prime. When any needs are unmet for long, or a person is taken for granted for long, straying or divorce can happen. There was a thread about a woman who divorced her husband after kids went off to college as he didn't care about her and willy-nilly brought his parents to stay with them.

Good one.. what would ILites advise Archu if she posted here. Few would empathize but warn her to not stray. Another few would criticize the previous few for empathizing with her. The usual few would ask members what if Archu was Akshay : ) And most would tell her to practice ignore ignore ignore and to take charge of her happiness instead of depending on husband for that.

Tamrakshar and Mistt like this.
  9. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha! Yes, Rih. If Archana asks advices on her loneliness/pain here, We can see above possible comments in her thread and I will add one more comment of talk to her husband about why he is like that and what is going on in their life. As a adult, she can thinks and choose one of advices.

Tamrakshar likes this.
  10. Riverstream

Riverstream Bronze IL'ite

Interesting turn of events is happeneing in your story. But where is Rajan heading? Is he going to jump?:fearful:

Tamrakshar likes this.