Thread for KG1admission 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by RamyaSridhar1978, Jun 26, 2013.

1. JOANNA31

JOANNA31 New IL'ite

KGS started,,,but GEMS MILLENIUM&OUR OWN NOT YET....I Hav registered for ryaN ALSO BUT NO CALLS FROM THERE,,,WHEN THEY WILLCALL FOR INTERIW ??any idea?how is the school ???some ofmy friends are telling management not good

2. JOANNA31

JOANNA31 New IL'ite

hi ramya me too have vacation next month :)so hope we wil lget admission somewhere bofore that ,,,now i am waiting for GEMS millenium cuz DPS already closed they send send an SMSto us today

3. ushus

ushus New IL'ite

hi mrsnayak

i am considering millenium. u kno adm started in any schol?

4. macy

macy Junior IL'ite

mine is on 31 oct thursday in DPS
    if am not wrong our own english is not co-education
    it has different schools for boys and girls

5. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies
    If your interview with dps is earlier please update us with the questions asked along with your kids age.it will help us prepare our kids accordingly. More importantly how many people on the panel sometimes small kids get intimidated with presence of so many people.
    Joanna ,Regarding ryan star I was told interviews will start only next month .since I personally went there I was able to put down my request to call me for the interview in the fag end of nov . ( I noticed she put a sticky in my forms mentioning my duration of absence and when to call after xyz date. ) hence I think joanna if you know your form number or something please call them and let them know your absence so that you dont miss out. The best part I heard is student - teacher ratio is good in kg1 ,2 just 20 students per class so I bkv more personalised attention is possible. Secondly they are taken over by ryan group just a year back so I believe they will strive to improve. Ryan groups school back home are really good.
    .well most of the schools in sharjah have a not so favourable feedback many say gems mill is ok for pre primary but higher classes its better to opt another.
    Why I even know a parent who complains about DPS .. can you believe it. ..She says till 5 they butter up and in 6th the child is bombarded so much at one time. I told her if dps is bad then what options we are left with in sharjah ... :-( she says dps only has too much show off .
    Ten people have ten opinions but the final call is ours .we have to consider the monetary aspect , timings etc too.
    Lets see fingers crossed .
    All the best

6. RamyaSridhar1978

Hi macy
    Our own its co ed for kg1, kg2 which is based in girls section . Later from 1 st its no longer co ed.
    Anyways here all the schools seg after 4 th acc to gender its no longer co ed .

7. pinki123

pinki123 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Remya,
    Wht abt the reg fee & fee structure of ryan star?Can i register thru online?

8. nila3

nila3 Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

Like DPS, would leaders announce the result later or on the same day of interview?

9. pinki123

pinki123 Bronze IL'ite

hi nila...did u register in leaders?i didn't get any confirmation frmo there till yet.

10. RamyaSridhar1978

Yes pinki it can be done online . I had work with dps hence went personally. They took 100 dhs per form for registeration. they gave me a list of documentss to get when I am smsed for interview .if selected have to pay 1000 reg and admission fee along with a mnth of fees for april.