1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Those lovely train journeys

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 29, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

In our childhood days we used to enjoy going by train to different places. Parents were there to take care of everything else. We had to only sit in the train and enjoy seeing the nature's beauty and eat different kind of food, especially those yummy idli with milagapodi in the morning, just wait when the time will come to have the breakfast, also to have the hot vadas from outside , then have lunch which used to consist of puliyodharai with karuvadam, dahi rice with pickle or puli inji everything packed in a Tiffin set and parents used to carry water in a Pithalai thooku I forgot the exact name. Those days we used to get sambhar chadam etc. Elders used to get down at the station and have lunch sometimes. Now a days you dont get good food outside.
    First time when I went by Rajdhani express to Delhi I enjoyed it because you need not carry anything , you get everything in the train including the blankets if we go in winter and used to enjoy the yummy soup , breakfast, lunch etc.

Dont think we used to enjoy only the food but also used to enjoy playing cards, used to make new friends in the train . I used to get scared to get down from the train when it used to stop at stations. If anyone else gets down wait anxiously that they board the train in time.