1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Those/Husbands Working in Phoenix downtown; Need suggestions

Discussion in 'Indians in Phoenix' started by beautifulpictur, Jan 14, 2012.

1. beautifulpictur

beautifulpictur New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

Are you or your DH working in downtown phoenix? I'm looking for some suggestions in terms of places to live and preschool for my Son.

I'm looking for:

* Good apartments within reasonable commute (around 30 minutes) to N Central ave & E Osborne. In safe neighborhoods.

* Good Preschools nearby that area...preferably within 5 miles of the apartment.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

2. PriyaDominic

PriyaDominic Gold IL'ite

Hi Friend,

I lived in Phx for some time - but then i was single and do not know much about pre schools
    but I found many indian families in the Deer valley apartments near the American express office. there were preschools also near by. you can check in azindia.com to get some info if needed.

From down town this part is lil far - but I really liked this area as it is peaceful and good residential area.
    I stayed in 101 - beardsley cross - in a decent apartment area which is highly recommended for families

Thanks,
    Priya

3. beautifulpictur

Thanks Priya. Yes I've heard about Deer Valley apartments, but as you've mentioned it is very far from downtown.

Any idea about San Valiente apartments (I17 & dunlap)? I've heard that lot of indian families live there. Are there any good preschools nearby?

Anyone from San Valiente or any other apartments nearby?

Thanks

4. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Did you check reviews on San Valiente in apartmentratings.com? It isn't much appealing. Infact I'm also looking for similar information and was just googling for reviews and sort. There are few apartments like The Greens, Carob Tree apartments etc which have very good ratings.

Anyone living in Phoenix has idea about those apartments? How is the locality? Is it really safe for families?

Thanks in advance!

5. beautifulpictur

Hi writeme, I just checked the reviews...not very good. The Greens is out of my radius of interest and Carob Tree seems to be good in terms of reviews and is closer to downtown...though couldn't find any website for it. Also need to check the safety of the neighborhood.

Anyone from that area? Any other good apartments in less than 30 minutes to downtown...please suggest.