1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Those English Notes!!!

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by beautifullife30, Sep 1, 2016.

1. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

I am an avid youtuber. All my free time I spend on YouTube looking for new dance videos. In one such search, I came across a lovely Bharatanatyam dance composition by Rajashree Warrior for English notes. The song name was enough to pull me into it.

Lo and behold, I finally found the song I was searching for the past 15 years. You heard me right – 15 years!!! The dance in the video was very nice but this time around, it was the song which captivated me. You see, I fell in love with this song when I was studying in my 9th standard. I still vividly remember the day I heard this song. There was teacher's day celebration in my school on that day and as a part of the celebration, a few of my teachers had performed for a version of this song.

Back then, I was this shy, awkward student. I was very hesitant to ask my teachers or even my best friends about this song and eventually in all the board exams hungama forgot about this until a few years later, after migrating to a different city and a state, I heard this tune as a part of another song. This song is played as tune in the 'Kaadu thirandhu' song from the movie VasoolRaja MBBS.

I know, all the music maestros here would tell me, why look so far, this song is there in 'Thillana Mohanambal' also. Yeah, it is there. Somehow, I couldn’t relate the song due to the instrument used in the movie.

Back to the story, I used to keep telling my husband about this song thinking he would help me search for it. He, being a lazier bug than me, would tell me to keep playing that one bit in the Vasoolraja movie song until I was satisfied. Luckily, after so many years, I was able to find the song and since then I have been listening to this continuously.

The song English notes was composed was by HarikEshanallur Mutayyaa Bhaagavatar. More info about the composed can be found here - http://www.karnatik.com/co1024.shtml.

For all those budding singers like me, who are interested in learning this song, the lyrics are here - http://www.karnatik.com/c1340.shtml

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

2. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

15yrs wt a spirit :D

beautifullife30 likes this.
  3. ksuji

ksuji Gold IL'ite

This 'NOTE' is popularly known as 'MADURAI MANI NOTE'. I am singing this Note right from my school days, once in a way. It is quite pleasant to hear and sing or play on an instrument.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  4. beautifullife30

yeah...that's coz the note as a song was popularized by Madurai Mani Iyer.

Infact, Madurai Mani Iyer was a star disciple of the school Tyagaraja Sangita Vidyalaya, opened by Muthaiyyah Bagavadhar.

ksuji likes this.
  5. beautifullife30

Passion :relaxed:

vaidehi71 and Caide like this.
  6. beautifullife30

here is the soothing classical fusion version, rendered by Jayashree,

vaidehi71 likes this.