1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Those days we were healthy because of the care taken by grandmother

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 24, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Earlier every Friday we had to take oil bath which was a must for the hair to be strong and healthy. Those days the life was not so hectic so time was there to do everything. Grandmother used to remind us on Friday to take oil bath and also used to apply oil in the hair . We had long hair also that time.

Also once in a month she used to give us castor oil to drink to clean our stomach and that day we cant eat anything except Jeera Rasam. So we did not used to have any stomach problems.

Now missing grandmother very much.

2. Meera34

Meera34 New IL'ite

Hello Viji Aunty!

You just brought back so many fond memories of both my grannies and fun childhood carefree days with your blog! I lost them both a few years ago, but both my grannies (mom's mom and dad's mom) were among two of the most amazing, caring and strong women that I have known!

Thanks for your wonderful post aunty, I always read your blogs, but this one in particular compelled me to write to you... thanks for bringing back the fond memories back to us! :)

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meera

Thanks for your first fb. Glad that I bought fond memories of your grannies and that you have read my blogs

love
    viji