1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

This week it’s only smiles.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kkrish, Mar 7, 2012.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Cute monster!!! Is that what your mom called you :)! You must be a joyful person :)
    Thanks a ton!

That was so touching! Looks like your mom and I have the same attitude. I am sure we can both share our memories of the all the troubles our children caused us when they were little with the same pride and joy in our voices.
    Thank much for sharing them and showing me a soul-sister in your mom.
    That is another fabulous verdict.
    Thanks much cuteM!:bowdown

2. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

yeah , as per my mom i was a monster as i was naughty but like all mom's she found her child cute :D
    she told the same to my husband also so he struck up with this nick name for me!
    but that was indeed a lovely post . i just called up mom who was pleasantly surprised as i mostly call her after dinner. she asked me " why u called up ? my ans was just remembered u ! i could sense her voice choking ! so not only ur lovely post made my day , seems it also made my mom's day ! its very rarely her strong DD says i love u mom !

4 people like this.
  3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Smiling Beauty,
    You have made me nostalgic sooooooooo much!!

It is 25 yrs since my children flew away to make their nests & still I miss them!
    I used to call my daughter, Ruby Doll & stopped addressing her that way, the day she got married.
    I used to call my son, Kannan & ditto of the above!

After a fight, typically of the "sibling rivalry" kind, Ruby would throw a tantrum that I favour only my son.

After even a mildly caustic remark to Kumar from Vish, K will tell me "will you please remind your husband that I can take care of myself & need no advice???
    I had to play the role of peacemaker always.

Now it is a silent house (pun intended) and I have learnt to smile to myself, what fun it was to have them at home!!
    It is
    Andha naal jnapagam vandadae!!

1 person likes this.
  4. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

That was so nice to read KKrish. I hope you have a wonderful time while your sons are around.
    And am sure the wait will be worth it when they come back to visit again to break the loud silences. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Chitvish
    Sorry for crossing in, your words moved me...and when i get emotional, i write....you know what???....I should stop taking parenting seriously and just enjoy the moment, kkrishs post got me all thinking...here I am just waiting for my DS to make it to a good university in a few yrs...to b followed by my DD...never thought of What next???....hmmm....I am vacant and pensive...time will tell!
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ms C
    I love this rose that your avatar is presenting me with. a chocolate one too! :bowdown You feed back is just as sweet and beautiful as your avatar!
    Yes Ma'am I can truly understand how you feel. We will always miss them!
    Nice names! I too call my sons "Kanna" and when both are home they both will come and ask "yes mom?". So my hubby calls my elder son "Perry" for "peria Raamu" and the younger one, "chin Raamu" for "chinna Raamu". Incidentally my husband likes Lord Rama very much! :) Guess we will have to stop too once they get married!

:rotfl:rotflThat was so hilarious! These recollections of so many of our childrens' actions in the past really makes us forget ourselves and revel in those memories! Thank you so much for sharing such precious moments!
    Yes Ms. C. It is a silent house. Especially the first day after the kids leave we hate to come home. Very painful.
    true....and they are all "pasumai niraindha ninaivugal" (beautiful memories)

Thank you very much for this wonderful feedback! :bowdown

7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Tanoshi.
    I surely am having a good time with our second son. He is such fun to be with all grown up now and teaches me a few things about life too :)!
    Truly said about the wait.. it's worth is priceless...
    Thanks for your lovely feedback.

1 person likes this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mega
    Not a problem. I understand how you feel.
    Here is my article on empty nest that I wrote in fwd messages - my second artilce in IL I think! It's my favorite humorist Erma Bombeck's works I had quoted.

9. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala ma'am....:)

Your lovely post is lingering in my mind .....and hence I am back here.....with an attempted haiku.....:hide:

Little Empty nest.....

Loaded with the remnants of .....

Chirps of cheery chicks.....

I have nominated your lovely post that would bring smile to every one who reads it.......be it a kid.....a young adult........an expecting parent.......a young parent..... a not so young parent......a grand-parent......:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi
    Wow! You are one talented young lady!
    Haiku! I can't even write two lines of words that rhyme. Poetry has always been my weak subject. (okay weakest!)

thank you so much for nominating my thread! I did not expect it. I am very touched!
    You have given me two best presents, the haiku and the nomination.:bowdown

1 person likes this.