1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thirty Years Of A Relationship!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Agatha83, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Agatha83 ,

I have been wanting to respond from the day you posted but muhurtham has come now. Thanks to the break I have from work! You know reading you I understand how much owning a home meant back then. I am sure it means the same even now but the joy my parents' generation experienced is way different. It is so clear from what you have written that the noise, the associations, the irksome neighbors, the beautiful view all contributed equally to the feeling of home that you have. But you also know Home is where the heart is and if it is with your mom, I have no doubt you can make this new place your home too....very easily. Nevertheless, 30 yeas is a long time and you have made such wonderful memories for yourself. Thank you for sharing it here - made me smile!

2. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Srama,

We all have our personal commitments with a busy schedule to attend to, which gives us little time to looking into diversions, such as giving FBs to writings presented in IL. So I welcome your presence here in my blog, whatever may be the reasons for you being late.

Living in your own house or home, after marriage is altogether a different experience, rather than living in your brother’s house, which is where my mother stayed with her mother for a long time, my brother being an NRI. The personal equations undergo lots of change after marriage, particularly when the financial status between the siblings is different.

Now you can realize my uneasiness in getting comfortable in my new surroundings, even though, my primary reason of shifting house was to take of mother who needed personal care. Thus letting go an old relationship is one of the most difficult thing to do,in our life, be it your parents, children or even a house!

Agatha83

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@Agatha83
    Ref:#16 this photo was not appearing despite repeated attempts. Reported to IL Admin who seems to have removed the glitches and trust upon my clicking “post reply” now it would appear here.
    Thanks and Regards.

upload_2019-4-27_13-39-12.jpeg

Agatha83 likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Awesome write up. Staying in our own house is a blessing. Till we were in Hyderabad we did not have our own house. After coming to Mumbai my brother bought own house.
    Stayed
    After marriage first we stayed in a chawl , then somehow we got a house threw pagdi and later it became our own house. Have sweet memories of that house. We stayed there for thirty two years . Now that has gone for redevelopment but till now nothing has been done since 2010. We have shifted to four houses after that. now staying in my daughter's house since she is in London. In twould houseswe stayed in ground floor but then in 3rd floor and now in 2nd floor. Now both are having heart problem and not able to climb two floors. Don't know where our house will be ready and don't know whether we will be alive to enjoy staying there

Agatha83 likes this.
  5. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

This looks like a jack fruit tree or is it a teakwood tree. I have seen many jackfruit trees with big fruits hanging, in many houses particularly in Adyar. The picture is lovely. Thanks for having taken so much efforts to upload this picture.
    Agatha83,

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

It's nice seeing you back , here in this forum after a long time. I know how difficult housing is in Bombay. But I find people there more friendly and helpful, than those in Chennai. Shifting houses at your age is not easy and I don't know how you cope up with this thankless job. God is great and I wish you both, getting into your own house very soon.

Agatha83

iyerviji likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Left is teak right is badam.
    Thanks and regards.
    God head to foot in divine trees

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Agatha83 ,

I understand what you are saying. No matter the relationship equations, letting go of what we cherish and starting anew is difficult. Growing up, i happened to move a lot and any friend in an ancient house mesmerized me! Though we had our own house, it was always rented out and the houses only became as important as the memories they held. So I completely get what you are speaking about the 30 year relationship with your house. Still, you moved for your mom - your heart is at the right place! I am sure you will make many good memories here as well :) Love and hugs!

Agatha83 likes this.
  9. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Rama, for your good wishes.

Agatha83

10. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Hi mam
    I hadn't read this , now drawn to my attention with the finest post winner tag :)
    It's a really beautiful narrative and worthy of all the appreciation.
    Thanks

Cheeniya likes this.