THIRTIES (WOW!OMG!Noooooo!) WHT DO U FEEL??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ideal, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ideal

ideal New IL'ite

Hey Is your age bet(30-40)

Being a kid, teenager,newly wed ,yummy mummy:clap are all fine yaaaarrrr but what after that. Have we ever thought in this mad rush of our life in which we women are multitasking in more than any ways that would have existed in the History of "WOMENHOOD":cheers.So called mordern women who can cook,work,drive,write,take care of kids,hubbies,inlaws,party, and do what not.

Things are moving on and on and days passing out as months which in turn becoming years.:bonk.... But are we becoming mechanical in our lifestyle to such an extent that we are ending up moving our families from stage1to 2 to 3 and so on adding or deleting or transforming the things as required.:drowning

Let us stop for a moment. Let's come out of our shells:yes: for some time and let us enjoy the most loveliest most cherishable and the most demanding phase of our life the thirties which am very sure if missed now will never ever come back to be enjoyed...

Lets discuss something apart form cooking,parenting,in-lawingetc etc etc which we know or are going to learn or will be taught in life at some point in time or the other.

Lets check out . wht we feeeeeel:party

2 people like this.

2. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Turning 30 - realized "omg I am legally auntie now"
    Remember in school days you would say " oh we have to call her aunty because she is married and elder may be 30 or something"

1 person likes this.
  3. ideal

ideal New IL'ite

hey
    So true being called "AUNTYYYY" :)

4. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    when i turned 30 couple of yrs back i was really depressed.i was about to have my 2nd child & suddenly felt very old....i did not wanted to celebrate my b'day.hubby who knew my fear tried his level best to make the day enjoyable but still i was sad & depressed.

just 10 days after my b'day i had my 2nd child & with him to take care of along with the 1st one & shifting to new country i forgot all about being 30 ,old & staying sad.when u are trying to see your child reaches all the important milestone of rolling,sitting, crawling ...who has time to look in mirror for imaginary wrinkles & be depressed about it..........don't even realised when my 31st came as was busy trying to plan for 1st b'day of my child..........my hubby commented on my 31st b'day that being 30 has done wonders for me as it had made me forgetful.he said'now,u forget being angry ,sad or tearful about being away from your country as midway something concerning the kids divert you & you forget what you was doing before that......

well,being 30 has brought contentment......., life is settled,career what is left of it in my case is settled no more dilemmas about whether i am doing right or wrong as have learnt to look at big picture.........suddenly days don't need planning but pass in sort of pink haze.

now,i wonder what will happen when i will turn 40 ......still many yrs to reach that milestone .
    pragati

1 person likes this.
  5. lakshmi13

lakshmi13 Gold IL'ite

Hi

I turned thirty this April. Initially, thanks to my work, home and kid, it didnot sink in, but yesterday, I had to fill my annual medical examination form. The medico guy asked my age and I said "thirty". It was while waiting for my turn that I realised that three decades had passed since my birth. My first instinct was to check the nearby mirror. Did I look old? were there wrinkles? But what reflected back from the mirror changed my perception completely. I saw a contented face gazing back at me. I realized that though time was flying, there are so many things I have to do...I felt suddenly light....after all I was only thirty!!!!

I am thirty and still going strong...As Robert Frost said
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    And I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    Miles to go before I sleep."

1 person likes this.
  6. ideal

ideal New IL'ite

hey all
    Good to know how we feel.Life becomes a match between personal professional life i guess at this age. There are so many things to think of starting from if the milkman has put the milk to has the maid come to has the kid done his hw etc etc.No time for ourselves and the little we get we spend in thinking about the way we should look rather than feeling proud of what we are.Typical women mentality i guessfThe moment we stop finding faults with our looks and start liking and loving the way we are we may also stop depending on the so called beauty enhancing products as well.Can we atleat try to change this mentality ???????????

7. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

I turned 31 this November....but i still feel enthusiastic like a girl of 16, only hurts when even a 21-22 yr unmarried girl calls me aunty....as soon as i got married i have been started calling aunty......well its a life and everyone has to deal with it once....and once i looked into the mirror and saw some whites on my head...OMG am i old at the age of 30?? Men always like young girls....Why not god give us five more years to remain young and beautiful.......Let me ask others how many of you have gotten white hairs at this age?

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Very interesting thread Ideal. Am enjoying reading it. Anila I got my first couple of white hairs when I was around 26 and used to treasure them. :rotfl :crazy. Used to keep checking to make sure they had not gone anywhere. :-D

I remember my 30th birthday and the 32nd. Can't remember when a birthday ever made me so depressed. I guess it was the shock of realizing that one was getting on in life. But eventually one realizes that there is really not much of a change. What is important is how old we feel in our heads and surprisingly it seems to get fixed at one point for years. Sometimes there is a discord between how old we "feel" and how old the body tells us we are.

Come 40 and it is really liberating. One realizes one does not have to be answerable to anyone for anything. One starts living life on one's own terms and conditions. What can be nicer than that. No more proving oneself to others. Heck, no more proving oneself to oneself either. It is nice to see a whole hearted acceptance of oneself coming in with 40 - the magic figure.

Each new decade is a new milestone and am sure it brings with it something welcome. So wishing all of you enjoy whatever life has to offer you in all your years ahead. :-D

1 person likes this.
  9. samraa

samraa Bronze IL'ite

Hi everyone,

into my thirties, i have become wiser and am more cooler now.enjoying the aunty status .have ample free time since my daughters have grown and are independant and i have actually begun to enjoy life more now.

10. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

I am in my Late Twenties and soon would hit the thirty button. Am Least bothered about this. Biologically i may be of that age, but by heart am still in my twenties.(Even look wise ppl dont believe that i am married and have a Kid). So its all in the Mind and Heart Folks. Just Chillax.