1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking Well Of Others

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Purple2017, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

If you think well of others, you will be free from worries about your 'friends' as well as 'enemies'. You will be living in an atmosphere where you can think logically,rationally and freely without any interference from negative thoughts. Moreover you will be bubbling with positive energy to do work. Therefore thinking well of others contributes energy to your mind and body. Is there any reason for not thinking well of anybody ?

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

3. Satlak

Satlak Gold IL'ite

My experience is when I think well of myself , when I think of nourishing myself I will look at myself objectively. Then I will not validate the harsh opinions that others voice about me if I know that they are untrue. If there is truth in it I will work on it. Having said that, it is relatively easy to forgive people over small issues like their criticising us.
    But how does one forgive some one who has done some irrevocable harm to you or your loved one? I don't know. For instance when a terrorist attacks innocent people may be it will be easy for one to mouth platitudes like he too is human, he is misguided, one neeeds to forgive him. But I guess unless one directly comes under the line of fire (pun intended) it cannot be known if one can really think well of everyone.
    I remember reading a joke. A priest asks believers assembled in his church to raise their hands if they have no enemies. Only one old man who was around 98 years old raised his hand. The priest praised him for being a true Christian and asked him to reveal the secret behind his having no enemies. The 98 year old man replied that all his enemies are dead.

4. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Isn't there a medicine (some kind of pill) that one can swallow at night, and voila... in the morning one is a complete imbecile. Everyone and everything is nice, good, and sweet. The day is bright, and beautiful. One may go out there and be the new, happy being.
    Yes; there is. One had forgot to take that pill.

Purple2017 and Sandycandy like this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Where I live, we have this President who provides enough reason for one to stop the act of thinking itself. Really. There are days when to save one's sanity one has to simply stop thinking.

6. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

Something I want to add.........everybody believes in destiny.......which consists of complex factors beyond the rich of a common person.....reward and punishment are ultimately decided by God.......by thinking evil of our 'enemy' can we punish them ? Ultimately we shall waste our precious time and our minds as well as all the body cells will be stressed. This has been well explained by Lord Buddha and Lord Jesus. It has been scientifically proved that when one thinks positive, waves are generated and proceed to the person unidirectionally with goodwill. But when one thinks negative about somebody, waves are generated and proceed to that person and get reflected back to the sender filling the mind with tension and revenge which is detrimental to both mind and body. Our ancestors are very much right in composing the 'mantra'.......sarbe bhavantu sukhinah..........loka samasta sukhino bhavantu...

Mistt and sindmani like this.
  7. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

Satlak, you are very much right in your assessment.....criminals need to be punished.....that is reaction vs action.....but the hangover in our mind should not continue for months together.....this needs to be replenished with divine thoughts...because 'time' is the most precious thing in this world.....and this should not be wasted in thinking evil.

sindmani and Satlak like this.
  8. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Wishing bad for others normally comes in when a person is insecure and unhappy in his own life . In today's competitive society I think it's not unusual to see people that are not pleased when others do well. Someone that is happy and content in his own space will never wish ill of others .

sindmani and Purple2017 like this.
  9. Satlak

Satlak Gold IL'ite

True. I agree. Festering resentment is toxic

sindmani and Purple2017 like this.
  10. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

Medicine may be available...but addiction is a threat...why not solve the issue naturally......