Thinking Positive

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by messedup, Jun 14, 2018.

1. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Sometimes it happens that we feel like our life will never become positive. We blame someone for that. Feel helpless for forgiving and living our life guilty free. But then a sudden change in our thoughts start and that make us so positive that we are able to forgive and accept everything as it comes.

There are times when we feel that we will never be negative again and at other times we feel nothing will become positive again.

Is there a way to stay positive always ignoring the negatives and whenever it attack us give it a good fight and defeat? Or everyone just keep on moving here and there always?

sindmani and Thyagarajan like this.

2. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

I would say, dont always think positive. Too much of optimism actually causes stress because when things don't go the way we expected,we tend to become anxious and hence thoughts like what you have(doubts about whether our thinking is right/wrong) arises.

So acknowledge any thought process, positive or negative and learn to accept the situation. And most importantly don't dwell on any emotion for a long time,it just loses its value.

And as you have already mentioned, remember things have to move on.

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Let me answer your last question first.
    YES. From bio of Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther’s, Maham Gandhiji, Albert Einstein’s and Winston Churchill and many more such eminent men were at one stage were very negative about themselves and along the way someone or some event made them turn over a new leaf .
    2. They become and remained throughout positive and uttered as many positives as possible and you know the rest is history. It always pays to remain positive especially in trying times.
    3. The way to remain positive always to think and do positives even to your enemies and opponents.
    Thanks .
    Regards.
    God Bless.

Alyssum and messedup like this.
  4. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the reply...yes very well said and deep analysis has been done. Agree with your thoughts...

5. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the reply.. keeping positive thoughts on for every person and every situation is a challenge and as @iamsrihere suggested can also be one of the way to stay away from negatives. If not positive becoming non negative can also be a possible solution. Negative thinking distract us from our goals so better to not get distracted by this.

Thyagarajan and Alyssum like this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @messedup ,

Just yesterday I was talking to a friend about the same. She is a big believer in god and says she sends her negative
    thoughts to God asking him to take care. That said, I also liked the idea she gave - I believe she has a sequin line pasted on her bathroom mirror to remind her that she needs to stop this negative train. Now why bathroom mirror? because she has identified, it is usually there while showering, that she catches her mind spin negative stuff!

My take away is -

All of us are subject to negative thoughts, one time or another.
    These thoughts could be because of perceived slight or really because of others' doings and sayings.
    Remember even if the thoughts are because of others and their actions or the injustices, the thoughts are still ours.
    Be aware of when a thought comes in - the triggers - could be people, situations or just because.....
    Have a ritual (like bindis on a mirror, saying a shloka, counting to 10 or simply saying 'stop') to put a stop to the thought.
    In spite of that, if the thoughts do not stop, let them run their course, giving them the credit and to yourself - just be cautious of the time frame and be ready to say 'enough already!'
    Then smile, it always lightens the mood :)

As you are aware of negative thoughts, so must you be of positive thoughts - the unexpected smiles, nods, joys, feelings should be acknowledged and the lightness they bring should be appreciated.

I am always amazed how easy it is to relive the same negative stuff over and over yet, we need to make an effort to relive the positive stuff. So the goal becomes to create as much positive stuff as we can. That in itself can help put a stop to some of the negativity.

I am trying to share what works for me from time to time and I have learnt that it is a journey. Perhaps I will never be able to say, 'I do not have negative thoughts anymore'. This is work in progress....if I know just how to cope from time to time I will be very grateful!

7. Alyssum

Alyssum Platinum IL'ite

Sometimes it happens that we feel like our life will neverbecome positive. We blame someone for that. Feel helpless for forgiving and living our life guilty free.

10years back, I'm always blame my parents. Ur reason, u did this, like that..
    After when I'm started to staying alone. I'm think and recollected the memories. What I did to my parents It's really hurt. And cried lot and say sorry. On that time they said, that's not a matter don't cry.. Now u understand situation and circumstance. Don't blame anyone.

I thought blaming others is not good way. If anyone is blaming me. I just move on...
    For me, Blaming means I am not a capable to do anything..

Butthen a sudden change in our thoughts start and that make us so positive that we are able to forgive and accept everything as it comes.

Exactly, we move on and accept the environment.

There are times when we feel that we will never be negative again and at other times we feel nothing will become positive again.

This type of thinking comes when i fight with lovable persons. Think negative thoughts, when that fight ends every thing becomes positive. Always smile and confident :thumbup:

Is there a way to stay positive always ignoring the negatives and whenever it attack us give it a good fight and defeat? Or everyone just keep on moving here and there always?

Always stay positive is depends upon mind set also what our heart says we react and think.
    Moving on and silence is best one. I think it help us and always good thing happening in our life.

HI messed up, your writing makes me thinking. Happy writing!

Thyagarajan and messedup like this.
  8. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the reply...that method worked for me too. But still many times we forget what we follow. Like you made me remember this thing that worked really well for me still I forgot .Thanks for reminding me..

9. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the reply...what you said is right. Blaming someone is always a way out but not that easy. It worsen our situation as we think about our inability plus the negatives for our loved ones. The burden is too much to lose our mental balance. I experienced that too. Still trying to come out. Thanks

Thyagarajan likes this.