1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Things you want to tell your MIL, but can't.

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by monita, Nov 9, 2012.

1. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

She's a really hard working woman who wakes up at 4am (or as I affectionally refer to as "at the butt-crack of dawn") and doesn't take a moment to rest. She's this way with everyone and she means well, too. But sometimes I do wind up feeling guilty for not being the Tasmanian devil whirling around like a little tornado getting all domestic chores all at once. I, personally, like to break them apart and do them little by little. Do it well, with perfection, but slowly.

So, I have found myself thinking "SIT DOWN, WOMAN, OR IMMA LOCK THIS KITCHEN UP!" waitingsmiley

...And of course, wound up saying it out loud to her sans the "lock up kitchen" part. Multiple times. Sometimes gently held her hands and pulled her away myself until she finally sat down.

Sigh.
    faintingsmiley

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  2. seekingbless

seekingbless Platinum IL'ite

WOW!! kudos to u. i wish i could do that. keep it up. :2thumbsup:

3. seekingbless

im too tired of speaking and explaining. because at the end i get bad name because of being rude and too talking too much. now i have stopped talking, any provocation will deal with actions only. who cares... u asked for it. :cool:

2 people like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

True dear but the problem is, it could probably have lead to the level where there is going to be no "patch up":( .You were 100% right in standing up for yourself but could have avoided the slap though....

5. ItGirl

ItGirl Senior IL'ite

You explained it exactly what I was about to post..very rightly said what I was going thru...
    evrytime shouting ,fighting and explaining..then thinking I would have said this and that etc...

may be some people think I was wrong slapping her..actually I wouldn't have done that if it's only about me..which I was taking from last 3yrs...but if anybody dare to say anything about my family they will definatly get a slap from me...I am not proud of slapping her niether do I ashamed of..she got what she asked for..
    otherwise if I have not taken this step ..talking abt my parents will increase every time and they will be dragged in every fight ...so I stopped her in the beggning only...and my MIL must have also got a hint of not saying abt my parents anything bad because I won't take any of it..so a slap had made my life a lot easier..

Patientone and seekingbless like this.
  6. ItGirl

ItGirl Senior IL'ite

dear, if there is going to be no patch up..who wants to do that because it's better to maintain distance with the people who always tries to make ur life hell...and feel happy when u r sad..
    So it's better not talking with my SIL because she always wants to rule over me and my DH.

1 person likes this.
  7. seekingbless

You dont ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It doesnt matter whether someone is a relative, romantic interest, employer, childhood friend, or a new acquaintance.
    You dont have to make room for people who cause you pain or make you feel small. It's one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and "continues" to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go.
    quote by * Danielle Koeple *

1 person likes this.
  8. SMG

SMG Junior IL'ite

Hello everybody,

I have told my mil that i am not her servant. She had made me do work on the first day of marriage. I reminded her of that. Also told her that she didnt want a dil but a servant.

I had told her that she is not as clean as she thinks. She keeps the brush to scrub the toilets on the kitchen platform just behind our tea cups. Her cup is away though.

I reminded her of most of the ways she has troubled me. Made it clear that i am not going to take her crap anymore.

Told her all this because i have reached a breaking point.

Patientone likes this.
  9. SMG

SMG Junior IL'ite

Itgirl , you wont believe it but i am ready to slap my mil too or maybe bang her head with a vessel. Good job done . After screaming at my mil and saying all the things that i shoudnt have said to mil, i am feeling calm now. Venting out has probably reduced my bp. After 6 years of living with her my blood only boils when i look at her. Thankfully it is some what clear to her but lets see how long it lasts.

Patientone and seekingbless like this.
  10. SMG

SMG Junior IL'ite

Yes very true. Being happy does annoy mil. If i had a fight with dh she will be pleased about it and if we are getting along well and i seem happy ( i atleast pretend to be happy) that makes her so mad that she limits her conversations with my dh. Right now i have a good mind to bang mil's head.