1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Things - women wish men understood

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by jennysrik, Sep 20, 2011.

1. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

In most of the cases, men find it difficult to understand women.:drowning But believe, we are not that difficult to understand. What do you say ladies?:cheers

Here are some points, women wish men automatically understood:bonk

- We know men are low in EQ(Emotional Quotient) but please make an effort to understand our emotions. Have you ever realized how women guess men's emotion and attitude perfectly?:idontgetit:shakehead

- When we talk pay attention to what we are saying and don't just nod your head.

- We believe in the power of communication. So, talk all day but don't go to 'silent' modes. Its highly irritating.tsk

- Romance comes naturally to us. We love it when men expresses his love. So, don't hesitate to show it through flowers, dinners, gifts and ofcourse count surprises as an important element of our DNA.:gift

- Don't crack jokes on our family members. Show your great sense of humor with a touch of sensibility.

Additional points are welcome :thumbsup

Love,
    Jenny

1 person likes this.

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Jenny,
    Nice thread.

All the points you have mentioned are surely what every woman will want her man to understand.

Emotional.....yes, am sure all of us will agree to that. My DH argues. Says men are emotional, but jst because they do not cry or sulk, does not mean that they do not have feelings.... I agree sure...then let me have my way of expressing my feelings.

Also, not sure here, but would be nice if men could understand that life cannot be lived on being practical, rational, hypothetical etc etc always. Sometimes, we need to listen to our hearts too.

Actually, it is sometimes difficult to understand MEN and not VICE VERSA. We have our reasons for our yes and nos...so darling husbands,,,do give us an opportunity always to justify our answers too.

Look forward to hearing views on this...

3. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi jenny,

(portions of your post are reproduced in brown followed by my comments).

We know men are low in EQ(Emotional Quotient)

:bonkOuch..! Are there no other men out there ? Am I alone now ? What happened to the six active male members of this website ?

Have you ever realized how women guess men's emotion and attitude perfectly

Women read body language , much better than men do. That is why, probably, the above is true...!

We believe in the power of communication. So, talk all day but don't go to 'silent' modes. Its highly irritating

Yes. There is an old thread , started by me, about an year back, on this subject. Here is it : Please go through it, in your free time. Seven women and one man participated in that thread :

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/married-life/105084-mens-reluctance-talk-end-day.html

Romance comes naturally to us. We love it when men expresses his love. So, don't hesitate to show it through flowers, dinners, gifts and ofcourse count surprises as an important element of our DNA

Hmm..! That is fine. Romance is very important to women. Can you tell, which one quality, men expect in return from women, in return for romance they shower upon (if at all, men do so) women ?

Again, there is an abysmally low number of male members in this forum. So, this thread is going to teach women ............about what women want from men ?

There should be plenty of male readers, then only, there is a benefit in this thread.

It should have been ideally started in the 'Discussion Forum' of the mens website, "Askmen.com" That would have been more relevant.

1 person likes this.
  4. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Well said IndianGuy. If men are not reading what women want then whats the point we mutter ourselves what we want..........its just going on deaf ears even if men read.............(nothing personal or no offense to men who read and IMPLEMENT)

5. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

I wish men understood how it wud to be to be DIL's to their darling parents and wife's to them.

6. Suryan03

Suryan03 Bronze IL'ite

I agree with you Indianguy about men should participate more, so as to understand us. My own example, I try various ways to get my hubby interested in these forums, tried discussing situations that come up here, tried emailing him links etc, but no interest whatsoever. He says he does not need to. He tells me if you want tell me what they discuss but I will not read. Is this pure laziness or arrogance? I have been trying to do this since I feel we are going two different ways and I wish we had a more loving relationship....

Sorry Jenny for going offtrack...To your thread I wish my man would understand me and my emotional needs just like many other women. I really do not care for many romantic gestures but just the basic attention, love and care, atlest when I fall sick. And OH Yes I wish he would COMMUNICATE forget TALKING...He seems to be in another world when I try to talk to him. I do not even get answers to any day to day questions when I ask him once or twice. He will be right in front but will not open his mouth. Then I keep asking him again and again till I get an answer.

7. indianguy2010

Reply to Surya :-

(portions of your quote are reproduced in brown followed by my comments)

I agree with you Indianguy about men should participate more, so as to understand us.

Absolutely true. I have been emphasising, in various occasions that at least 20 % the members of this website should be men. I have requested the Administrator and Moderators to encourage more male participation in it.

My own example, I try various ways to get my hubby interested in these forums, tried discussing situations that come up here, tried emailing him links etc, but no interest whatsoever

No......No...Dont give up. He may soon be getting interested. In my case, my wife (whom you see above in the avatar) is an ILite, who kept on encouraging me to participate in IL threads. For one year, I have been thinking it is a waste of time. Now I enjoy partipating in this forum...........some times, more actively than my wife. :)

whereever an occasion arises, I keep requesting the women, to encourage the participation of their husbands, as much as, they could.

He says he does not need to. He tells me if you want tell me what they discuss but I will not read. Is this pure laziness or arrogance?

Please.......do not use the word, "arrogance" . You can say, 'ignorance'.

We, men, by and large , do not understand..........or simply do not know, how important things like displaying emotions and affection are to women. No one has taught this in school or college. In mens' world, such frequent display of 'feelings and emotions' is considered as weakness.

1 person likes this.
  8. indianguy2010

No, I am not offended. My point is..........Enourage your husband, persistently to participate in IL discussions.......! More husbands here, will make this Forum more lively and more interesting.

You, people would get to know, the 'male version' or 'male perspective' of every issue...........if more and more men participate in it.:)

9. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Hi Jenny,

I totally agree with you.

I wany my MAN to understand me and support me. His family members for some reason, do not talk to me and whenever we meet in a function or get together, it is I who appraoch them and talk to them. It is the same with hsi nieces and nephews, who are younger to me. (ours is a late marriage, only 2 years). When I ask him as to why it should be only "I" that have to go and talk to them. He says, it is my mistake:bonk

He says, you are elder to them, so you should only go and talk to them..............

banu

10. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Hi Indianguy,

For the last 2 years, I have been forcing my husband to read/participate in these forums. He has this attitude - "You are doing good, so it is fine with me" This attitude is there for everything, be it banking, cleaning, arranging, shopping, etc etc

Sometimes, I take printouts of some of the articles and tell him to read. For everything he has a reason for not doing it. In fact, I have lost hope that he would participate or be active in any of the activities.

banu