Things we really really wanna do but afraid would never get to do!!

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by pratim, Oct 18, 2009.

1. pratim

pratim New IL'ite

Was jus wonderin - we dream of doin a lotta things everyday, we work towards some of these dreams, some other dreams remain unfulfilled, wat would ur reply be if someone asks u - wat is the one thing u wanna do but u're afraid u'll never get to do??

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

I am not sure if this is something that I will never get to do. Opportunities are there, but I am just tooooooooo scared to take the first step - DRIVING!

3. neev

neev New IL'ite

Aww! c'mon K2S, driving?? why ?? there is nothing to it really....try the lil ones around your area..it is easier here than in India, where people overtake even from the left. Think of the freedom with it :)

4. pratim

pratim New IL'ite

@K2S : For that - u have to jot down points which scare u. Our most common problem solvin methodology :) If it is people/curves/traffic/stupid drivers, you can ask ur hubby to drive u to some far far away place and try when no other vehicles r aroun. Never give up on drivin coz m sure u'll haffun. Start asap and tell us ur adventures :thumbsupIs thr anythin in particular u r scared of?

5. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Neev/Pratim

Yeah I realise the freedom it gives and possibly once I start driving, it may not be that frightening at all. Speed is my problem :-( Even 60kmph is too high for me :hide:. I love my public transport journey :).

6. pratim

pratim New IL'ite

Yea sometimes I feel it too, don rem drivin even at 70 back in India and we do a good 100 here most times, but tell u what - u get used to it. I get irritated if someone tailgates me. So I avoid busy times of the day on major roads.

Your public transport reminds me of this story - came back by train on the day of my licence test. My hubby has given me some 3 cards-each of which can be used 10 times. I love travellin but I've used it only twice by myself! So anyway, used one card in the trams towards flinders and then from flinder's back to my stop by train. Those tic checkin ppl came. I promptly showed him. He asked have u validated it, I answered "Very much", he asked where. I thought it was a stupid ques, obviously the last line item. I asked him for it, saw it myself. It showed May 29 2009. I was shocked as that day was Oct 9 2009, anyway took out the other 2 cards, 1 of which had only 2 line items but none for the day I travelled and the other was empty. So I almost froze, but then - I wasn't totally at fault, coz everytime I sent it for validation, it never showed an error. It promptly came out. I told the checkin inspector that, that whatever that flap thing was at flinders station, it opened for me - anyway he said I cant use my hubby's card which was validated on 29 may and left. I just thanked my lucky stars and left. But that error is stupid! I got caught becoz of it. Didn't feel too bad anyway coz I was rejoicin me passin my licence test :thumbsup and coz I was stalled up by that checkin inspector, arguin with him, I had to get down at next stop, anyway I validated correct tic then, got into another train, came bck, then later caught a tram, validated, treated myself to a sub and came back home. In totality I had travlled by 2 trains and 3 trams that day. All within 2 hours time limit. :bonk

7. neev

neev New IL'ite

Seems to me..that you have an adventurous life Pratim...cant help smiling at your anecdotes...
    I hate using public transport, with one bus every 20mins..i cant be bothered to wait..although the stop is in front of my house...
    My trouble is that I get bored at 40k and feel that the car is almost idling...although i am by no means a speed demon...i love my 100k and the freeway is a beautiful joy ride...i dont travel too far off very often..mainly around my suburb n a random movie or plant nursery..pretty boring if you ask me..

8. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

well, so far only I have said about what I really want to do.........what about others???????????

Pratima, you can start writing Pratima Diaries........and publish it.

9. pratim

pratim New IL'ite

Diaries?? It will lie in the book shops forever till the prices go lesser than paperweights and my diaries replace them :)

Ok, my list - first of all, u shud know what kinda person I am. When I c somethin new, I think I can do it. For example - if I see an artist, I start tryin to draw/paint, I try my hand in poetry, if I see someone dancin, I try that style of dance too. Basically I like tryin out anythin and everythin, havin said that, I would like to try:

1. French classes
    2. Wanna play tennis, played in my previous company but not too often
    3. Cricket - i play well i feel ;)
    4. Salsa - tried a lil but discontinued
    5. Swimmin
    6. Make my own graffiti
    7. Be in a job I actually really really enjoy
    8. Wanna keep roamin aroun the world
    9. Skates - love them! Had one but had to donate it away :(
    10. Table tennis - i play well
    11. Raftin/hikin/trekkin/snorkellin
    12. Wanted to be a pilot
    13. Wanted to be a journalist/writer - i write stories, only for friends - want them to love it so make them as characters ;)

These are to name a few :coffee

10. neev

neev New IL'ite

oh cool!! that's a list...I really admire people who can list a few things they want to do....
    If you want inline skates or skate boards you are welcome to come over and skate away, my kids have those...you can even try basketball and football.
    You can also play TT we have the board..
    :idea I can teach you how to speak English with a French accent ...I do accents very well, that is my speciality, much to the amusement of my friends...I can do very good Malaysian, Chinese, French and English in 'English' accents.
    You can write those stories for us...we will make avid readers of your diaries...

k2s..did you mean join me in learning to dance or watching it?? I'd love the company...it will help me pick up recipes and names of books too on the side..I have a lot to learn. Currently we are planning to chk with kingston tanks lets see what they say...it all needs to fit into our budget...but the arid climate in summer is already beginning to bother me.

This week-end I am a bit tied up...someone I know wants my help with icing an afl logo on to a birthday cake...I promised I'd give it a go...so currently I am frantically preparing for it...

My Wish List:-
    I want to be able to do voice overs for kids cartoons or movies....
    I want to learn Bharatnatyam without worring about backache afterwards...
    I want to start reading James Joyce's Ulysses at some stage in my life (I have a copy)..
    I want to eat my mums cooking everyday (unlike me she is a great cook)...
    so there...that is my wish list..:)