Things To Purchase While Starting Solids

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Lithika, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Lithika

Lithika Bronze IL'ite

Hi...:blush:I will be traveling with my 3 month old to India next month...I ll stay there for 6 months atleast....
    As I will be starting solids there I want to know what all are things I can purchase from US & please let me know what all are the things required when I start solids ...I m First time mom ...plz suggest what all are others things (like clothes,bib) which will be useful in nxt 6 months I can purchase from here...TIA

2. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

daksh likes this.
  3. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

While starting a diet don't go for solid at once. First start with boiled rice water dal water and milk. Then start giving sooji ,dalia made in milk. Add very little sugar to it just to keep the taste. Khichdi , Boiled dal and vegetables are good. Don't give so much of heavy dal. If you giving him heavy dal like rajma then start slowly. First give very little quantity then check his digestion level. And continue accordingly. Water should be boiled for few days in the beginning. But don't make it a habit. Otherwise baby will become sensitive. Try to give all home made food. Make little quantity and give fresh every time. Maintain hygiene and use of bib will be required.

Lithika likes this.
  4. daksh

daksh Silver IL'ite

Lithika,
    aspha has given you a good list. I would add stick mixer/immersion blender and steamer to the list. These two gadgets are so helpful for me to prepare fresh homemade veggie and fruits puree. But if you are planning on going to India, there would be voltage issue if you buy them from here. Priti mixie small jar would do the job perfectly.

Good Luck with ur trip and have fun with the baby in India!

Lithika likes this.
  5. Lithika

Lithika Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot...May I knw wether u r mentioning cow's milk..if so I read in some forum that cow milk shouldn't be given to baby till 1 year

6. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

I do not know about this clause.